• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Curly

A Dedication and a Welcome

Curly

Welcome to the Beyond Abuse Forum- In honour of Free123

Free123 1954 - 2007 Donnared.jpg

Free123 was one of us, an abuse survivor. Like others who are here she found her way to this online support group and community because of an abusive relationship. Free123 was able to leave the abuse behind her and was getting back to living life. She gained and grew, she shared and gave back. She was a beautiful person full of life, wit and wisdom. Free won out over abuse but lost her fight to live when illness won.

Free gave wise and compassionate advice. She was a loved and respected member of this online community. I personally think that she would have made a great addition to the admin group had things been different.

Off the forum she had established solid ongoing friendships with Libra and myself although neither of us ever got to meet her. Free123 had a way of gently encouraging me personally to venture outside of my comfort zone. Free inspired me to start reaching out to other people more. I loved her and I miss her.

I miss seeing muse2be in my in box and emails messages that overflowed with life and ended with "Take care girlie... xo Free "

Free had a huge soft spot for animals and could not bear to see any animal hurting or neglected. She was one who would take action and not just stand by.

Free passed away in July 2007 just a couple of weeks short of her 53rd birthday. Way too young to go.

This forum is to honour her memory. The forum is intended for discussions in relation to healing and growth after abuse.

Also in Free's memory I will sign off here with a signature that came from a hobby Free pursued in the last couple of years of her life. The signature incorporated my name and Jenny my cat who I lost in April of 2008.

kathyjennyanimated.gif

Libra

Donna –Free123 was my special dearest friend, the best friend I ever had, person of rare integrity, kindness, quick wit, great personality all over. She was beautiful inside and out. She touched a lot of people with her kindness and compassion.

A strong person and also an easy going person, full of energy and optimism - She never stopped growing and helping others to grow. She inspired people. She had a gift of being a good listener, who gave the best advice with kindness, love, empathy and understanding.

I am forever grateful for having the privilege and pleasure of knowing her.

She is absolutely irreplaceable to me. I will always love her.

Thank you Curly and dear Admins for opening this section and dedicating it to Donna-Free123. It’s a great comfort and inspiration to feel her presence here. She is still with us. She will be always in our memories and in our hearts.

I would like to share a poem Donna's sister sent to me a few days after her passing.

I give you this one thought to keep~

I am with you still—I do not sleep

I am a thousand winds that blow~

I am the diamond glints on snow~

I am the sunlight on ripened grain~

I am the gentle autumn rain

when you awaken in the morning's hush~

I am the swift uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circled flight~

I am the soft stars that shine at night~

Do not think of me as gone

I am with you still...in each new dawn.

*Native American blessing

HVC

((((((((Curly))))))))))))) ((((((((((Libra)))))))))))))))

May this area of the forum reflect the life, kindness, friendship, determination and love that your friend so well reflected back to you. I love that you dedicated an area to her. I never had any interaction with her, but from what you have shared about her over the years it seems very fitting an area devoted to Personal Growth would be dedicated to her. :wub:

My parents always said you're lucky, very lucky in this lifetime if you find one handful of real, true friends. As I get older I understand what they mean, and I am glad you two found that in Donna.

Here's a toast for the grand opening of this area.

To you,

and me,

in honor

of Free.

:wub:

wine_toast.jpg

Kissy

<Clink>

In honour of Life, dear friends, surviving abuse, and to those who make it possible to attain these things via an Online Community. I did not realize what type of a journey I was beginning when I 'signed up and made my first post' (ever). I have found the Better Qualities of Life here with you peeps.

* Toast*

Thank You

Tallulah

"If you want to jump through hoops, join a circus. At least there you'll be getting paid for the cultivated talent of spineless flexibility." ~Free123

I just miss her so much. We kept each other laughing for hours on end. I SO miss those days. I have saved some of her writings. I will dig through my archives and find some things from her that I can share on this thread.

At one point, I was hoping to arrange a get together with Robert and Free in California. As it turns out, Robert made it to Michigan (from Australia) but we never got to meet Free. Robert passed away in August 2004. And then, Free, in 2007.

Why the gods chose to take them, well, perhaps I'll find the answer to that one day.

Thank you for starting this thread, Curly.

Tallulah

habitual dieter

What a lovely gesture....

Hugs to all who were privileged to know Free.

((((( ))))

Joanne

Viola girl

That really is what it is all about in my estimation, to get beyond the abuse and be able to reach out to others in love. To go

beyond fear and rejection and know there is a place of safety and nurturance. In our weakness, how strong we all can be-

come as we offer our hearts and hands in friendship. The belief that we can love one another sets us apart from the nega-

tivity, coldness and indifference that keeps the abuser chained in their own private hell. I feel for these folks, but I am not

of that mindset. I was not acquainted with Free123, but I am proud to be her sister in recovery. Her legacy was not in vain.

In these times of change and upheaval for those of us met on the other board, it is especially important to remember those

who took a stand against what they knew was wrong. Loyalty and dedication are so much more than words on a page! It is

the truth behind the words that makes all of the difference.

In memory of Free123, I am resolving to not take life for granted, a human propensity, but one I do not espouse when I

take the time to claim and stand on what I know is true. As quickly as time flies by, it is so important to appreciate what

we are given in the moment. These smaller segments of living are areas where I can employ true changes in the goals

and dreams of my future. Change can take on an insurmountable wall when seen as all-encompassing. It is in the little things that we daily face that we grow and mature into wiser, more fulfilled human beings. In a moment, we can decide to

be kind or cruel, weak or strong, foolish or wise. Little decisions that define who we are becoming, and help us to stay on

course. The choice we have in affecting our own lives lies empowered within the moment.

Thank you, Free123, for standing up for what is right, and for taking the time to care for others. It was your legacy, and

I am proud to carry on your message.

Love,

Viola girl

Jacky

I didn't know Free had passed away. I always liked her and am pleased to see something done in her memory,

Love Jacky

Ciara

How very, very beautiful and lovely!!!

autumn23

So beautiful. I am sure she is looking down, smiling and very proud of you guys. I wish I could have met her here in our community.

To Free! :wub: What a wonderful tribute.

Hugs,

Autumn

Disco

What a lovely thing to do in memory of the lovely Free123.

XXX D

Juner

I just signed up to Our Place because I am dealing with past abuse and unfortunately currently going through verbal, psychological, religious abuse right now with husband. I found Our Place referenced on a sight when I did a search for "religious abuse". I am glad I found this sight.

I feel honored to be here and to be in such a place that has calibers of people like Free. She sounded like someone I could of really connected with. Sounded like she could connect with anyone. I have lost too many people in my life, but as Chief Seattle said,

"There is no death, only a change in worlds." I strongly believe this, from Heaven to Earth we come, from Earth to Heaven we go. Those in my life who have made the transition over, I can speak to them, knowing they are In Spirit. So, Free has only left her

body, not her Spirit. You can talk to her, think thoughts to her and she will hear you. She will respond in her own way, just keep your heart open.

She was so young too. I have to ask how did she die? I am a breast cancer survivor and the first thought that came to my mind was that phoey cancer. She was such a beautiful person, it is reflected in you all and this Forum. I am truly blessed to be a part

of Our Place.

Well, I must go for now. I look forward to connecting more here.

Peace,

Juner

"Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change." Wayne W. Dyer (This is one of my positive threads I have woven into my survival blanket)

Curly

Juner Free did lose the battle with cancer. She was way too young to go and yes she was a special person who reached out to many. She reached out a hand of friendship to me at a time when I believed I was not even deserving of friends.

Ilish

FREE123 is the first person to have ever answered one of my posts.....so thankful she was out there. What a blessing she was to the earth. Rest in Power FREE123!

xoxoxo Ilish