• Announcements

• vpc

Our Place Has Moved   09/30/2018

Our Place has moved to a new location:      http://ourplaceonline.freeforums.net/forum  You will need to reregister at the new site as we are unable to transfer any content from here to there.   You will no longer be able to post here after 4th October, but the forum will remain visible until the end of October. If you are having problems registering at the new site, please admin.our.place@gmail.com                                                                                             
Sign in to follow this  
jay

can I get n intervention order if my ex lives interstate?

jay

Hi I'm jut wondering if anyone can give me some advise as to obtaining an intervention order. My ex lives interstate and comes to melb only every 3mth or so to visit my now 6yr old. It always ends bad but after 6yrs of this its started to get worse and seems to have a worse affect on my child. He has got a new GF that happens to be police so maybe this i why he has been more aggressive. In the past we both lived where he lives now and I ended up taking myself and then 9mth old to a womens refuge until we were able to get back to melb. However he followed and bought a unit in my gated complex only to harrass, break in and abuse for another six months until I was forced to sell my home. I rang police constently but felt they took his side because he is in defence. Now on last visit he and new girlfriend talked badly about me to my child and when i rang to asked why he went nuts and refused to take her for the sat and sun access, leaving my daughter shattered. As i couldnt get through to him my sister tryed to arrange for her to do the hand over and pick up, but he refused . All this week she has been a mess and wants to sleep with me , has nightmares , broken out in a rash neck and face and no selfesteam. I just want this to stop its not fair to her and its awlful to see. she loves her father and I never talk bad about him but lately thats been hard. She needs a dad but I think it should be supervised visits as when they get together it ends in fighting and if I have to stick up for her as he is verbally putting her down then he turns on me. I still am afraid of what he may do hes up and down and I cant predict what he may do next which leaves me constantly on edge. I feel totally stupid because he lives interstate for gods sake! but it seems like my whole life revolves around before and after these visits. Happy if anyone has some thoughts to offer.

Curly

Hi Jay and :welcome to:

I think your best bet is to talk to Women's Legal Service. Phone (Melb) 9642 0877 or 1800 133 302. You will likely need to keep trying as they are hard to get through to but they are helpful once you do. Make sure they know it is DV. They are only there Monday 10am-1pm; Tuesday, Thursday 6.30-8.30pm; Wednesday 2-5pm; Drop In Thursday 9.30am-12pm

Domestic Violence Resource Centre (Vic) http://dvrcv.org.au/ Melb phone 9486-9866 9am - 5pm Mon-Fri. May also be able to help.

I am sorry you and your daughter are still having to deal with his bad behaviour.