• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Mohzilla

Another Update

Mohzilla

Hello everyone :)

I hope you are all well! I've missed everyone so much, but I had to step away for awhile for a couple of reasons.....I was addicted to this place (but hey you are all so great, who can blame me, eh?) and I started working and pursuing other things, mainly theatre :)

I've just started a new job in my field and it feels great! Things are definitely looking up!

Hugs to you all,

Moh

Curly

Glad things are going well for you Moh. Great to see you.

No need to apologise for moving on with your life.

Mohzilla

Hi Curly! So nice to hear from you. I wasn't quite done with the update but I had to log off as my D9 (the Queen of Impeccable Timing) wanted to be tucked into bed :)

Things are going very smoothly here, H does a sort of "check in" with me every so often to see how I think things are going and if I am concerned or worried about anything.

He'll bring me a cup of coffee and we'll walk or ride to the lake and just sit and talk or take a walk. He does what needs to be done without griping at all and has said that it makes him feel more in touch with the family and what it takes to run the house. I've just started another job as I mentioned so we are going through a bit of adjustment at the moment as my other job was just part time.

I am finally free to pursue things that interest me and I know there won't be a mess etc to contend with when I get home. I really enjoy our local Little Theatre and have been cast in some roles that have been a real joy to play, he offers to help build sets and tear down after. The support has been wonderful.

I've been a Christian for most of my life and H was not so for years the children and I went to church without him. He started coming to church with us about 2 years ago and I slowly started to see changes in him and they have stuck! We were baptised together with our son in July of 2008 and now run the youth ministry at our church. It's been a blast....he has encouraged me to produce black light shows with the youth group and that has been going very well. We are planning on expanding our group to offer the program for kids outside of the church. We are called Corner Stone Productions and the players are called The Living Stones :) He has got a very technical mind so he comes in very handy when creating props and arranging lights and sound...I am the creative genius (he says!) so we make a pretty good team. I never imagined we could work so well together!

S15 is struggling in school, but we finally have a bona fide diagnosis (dysgraphia) so we have a good place to start as far as supports in the classroom etc. He's very much into martial arts and boxing and is doing really well in training etc. I HATE it, but I haven't told him that....

Ds both love participating in beauty pageants (yikes! I tried, but I guess they are truly "girlie girls!") They both finished as over all high points in their divisions last year. We figure they have reached the point where they can go to the national level if they want (they do!). D 13 is up for valedictorian of her 8th grade class and has won the history and geography awards for this year as well as an award of excellence. She has also just finished filming her first TV appearance for a children's special. Very exciting! D9 loves swimming and is taking lessons and doing very well, she is learning lifesaving skills and would like to become a lifeguard in her teen years..talk about forward planning!

Anyway, I generally have this feeling like I am walking on a cloud and that sure beats eggshells! I believe its because I have been doing some of my own work on self and am really enjoying discovering the person I believe God meant for me to be! I know He never asks me to be or do anything that he hasn't provided the grace for me to be or do.

I am so glad this place is here and going strong, how blessed we all are to have this place! I'll be sure to pop in more often and maybe even offer my humble opinion once in awhile!

Thanks to everyone for being here!

Hugs,

Moh

percolate

Wow Moh, what good news for you and your family.

You're just radiating happiness!

Sylvia

I am so happy for you, Moh.

May each day continue to overflow with peace and happiness!

:wub:

moongoddess

this is truly beautiful news MOH.........

my you continue to be blessed

for anyone who is looking for POSITIVE change in an abusive relationship, you and your H are a stellar example!

HUGS

MG :nature-smiley-001:

Mohzilla

Hi Percolate...yes, its great to know happiness! The thing that makes me happiest is knowing that my husband is truly following Christ and the evidence is in how he lives his life, it has spilled over onto the kids and other family members as well!

Sylvia, thanks so much for your good wishes, daily prayer sure helps to ensure peace and happiness!

Moongoddess, thanks! I know that many people here are struggling in their marriages due to abuse and so it is sometimes hard to know how to respond and how it will be received...but I will try to add my 2 cents if it seems appropriate. The key to figuring out if the marriage is viable (IMHO)is to work on self (with help and support from family, friends and professionals of course) and make changes, to learn to respond rather than react and watching the spouse to see if any positive change is happening and actually sticking....thanks so much for your support :)

Hugs,

Moh

Lorelei

Fabulous news Moh!

It wonderful, but wow, you are definitely in the MINORITY in that your H seems to be responding to the imperative to CHANGE, and I'm happy that some religious fervor has helped inspire him to keep on that path.

Congratualtions for

work on self (with help and support from family, friends and professionals of course) and mak(ING) changes, to learn to respond rather than react and watching the spouse
but I would want others to know that this story is quite definitely among the lucky few to have the abuser respond positively to your changes.

Unfortunately, I think most abusers do not, and instead become MORE abusive, out-of-control, and VIOLENT when they sense their victim is changing and laying down boundaries!

Happy to see you back here. It's folks like you that create that elusive "2%" statistic!

Hugs, Lorelei

SleepingLightly

SO glad to hear you are doing well, Moh!

Mohzilla

Thanks SL, nice to see ya! :)

Hugs,

Moh

fatkat

Glad it's all going so well for you, Moh. Hope it stays that way.