• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Crews

Brief Introduction

Crews

I'm Crews, told my story at considerable length and agonizing detail at that other site a couple of years ago-- but I am more of a dog person anyway.

Male, 50, lost my children, my life's career and passion, my home and everything I own to the single lie of my ex-wife who has borderline personality disorder and who leans, significantly, toward psychosis. That was just over seven years ago-- all attempts at justice failed, I am left with PTSD and situational depression after that crisis on top of sixteen years of physical (a lot of it) and emotional (the worst of it) abuse.

At present, I do not wish to ruminate.

A couple of persons from that other site have kept in touch with me even though I stopped posting there about two years ago and a facebook discussion with one, yesterday, mentioned this site. I remain in crisis, because I operate with no remaining hope, and hope sustained me through those first seven years. Hope is not the answer when it is a false hope.

I'm not going to get my children back, and my prior profession is not open to taking me back--broken as I am. So much for the desires of the heart. I have faith, a few friends who at least notice if I go missing, and an excellent therapist.

What is left for me is a spiritual life-- one I have lived intensely since early childhood.

What I thought I might find, here, are ideas concerning the inner life-- for me, the greater reality of the invisible world.

I'm presently keeping a copy of Michael Washburn's, Transpersonal Psychology in Psychoanalytic Perspective close at hand for the duel purpose of reminding me that I am not alone in this and as a guide for what to expect to come next in my despair. Saint John of the Cross and Carl Jung (being two sources who Washburn cites extensively in this endless spiral from ego and its temporal concerns into "unjustified nonentity" and spiritual) have been something of wise men leaving bread crumbs for me to follow.

I'll poke around in the "spiritual" section of our-place-online, I think.

I am sorry there is anyone at all on this site. That there are so many causes me to be all the more convinced that abuse, injustice and lack of empathy are simply of the essence of this world, and some of us just do not belong in it.

Curly

:welcome to: Crews

I did wonder if we knew you because of your name.

I am sorry you are still struggling and dealing with the results of bad decisions made by people we would like to hope knew what they are actually doing.

I hope that we can offer you something that will help you on your journey.

Stormy

Welcome Crews, so sorry that your life events have brought you here.

I'm no expert, basing my words upon my own experiences and what I've read from others, but I've found that when the external fails us or harms us, our core is what keeps us going. The spiritual. And if the experiences are examined in a certain manner, knowledge can be gained which brings us greater growth.

Feel free to start threads or discussions or queries if none exist that interest you :).

PeachPapoose

Hi Crews. I'm sporadically here and just happened to see that you had joined. I continue to pray for the safe return of your children into a beautiful relationship with their daddy who loves them. May they know the truth.

Tallulah
I'm Crews, told my story at considerable length and agonizing detail at that other site a couple of years ago-- but I am more of a dog person anyway.

Male, 50, lost my children, my life's career and passion, my home and everything I own ......... That was just over seven years ago-- all attempts at justice failed, I am left with PTSD and situational depression after that crisis on top of sixteen years of physical (a lot of it) and emotional (the worst of it) abuse.

At present, I do not wish to ruminate.

Ditto, Crews. I hope you're still around. We have a lot in common.

I had to start over from rock bottom with literally nothing. But I'm OK and things are getting progressively better. I would love to lend you an ear. I know your pain.

Tallulah