• Announcements

• vpc

Our Place Has Moved   09/30/2018

Our Place has moved to a new location:      http://ourplaceonline.freeforums.net/forum  You will need to reregister at the new site as we are unable to transfer any content from here to there.   You will no longer be able to post here after 4th October, but the forum will remain visible until the end of October. If you are having problems registering at the new site, please admin.our.place@gmail.com                                                                                             
Sign in to follow this  
nooblette

Fish Recipes

nooblette

I grew up in the country, midwest USA, a million miles from oceans or whatever. About once a year, we fished for bluegill from local lakes/ponds when I was kid and someone would fry them and feed them to me. That and breaded fish sticks are my ONLY experience with cooking fish.

So I bought a bag of frozen fish fillets at Costco. They're not breaded....I don't know what to do with them?

Any easy good ideas?

I'm currently on a no-meat but some fish diet/program due to health reasons, so-any ideas would be helpful.

percolate

I also grew up in the Midwest and had to learn to fix fix as adult. Most fish can be broiled with lemon juice squirted on the top. But you can do interesting things with sauces and bake them also.

My best suggestion would be to go online and look up recipes using whatever type of fish you bought.

joansdaughter

SEAFOOD FLORENTINE BAKE

2 lb. fish fillets (flounder, haddock or pollock)

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. onion powder

1/2 tsp. pepper

1 (10 3/4 to 11 oz.) can condensed cream of shrimp or Cheddar cheese soup

1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed & well drained

2 c. Bisquick baking mix

1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese

1 c. milk

2 eggs

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange fish fillets in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish; sprinkle with salt, onion powder and pepper. Spoon soup over fillets; top with spinach. Beat remaining ingredients with wire whisk or hand beater about 1 minute or until almost smooth. Pour over spinach. Bake uncovered about 40 minutes or until top is golden Brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.

free2bme

I grew up on the coast of New England and love fish. My favorite way is to broil it in butter or pan fry in butter with lemon pepper. Also orange juice or pineapple juice is a nice addition to baked. Just add a little bit for flavor. Nothing fancy but very yummy.

homealone

The old standby that I grew up with is to just salt and pepper them, roll them in cornmeal, and fry them in oil. But here is another very tasty and simple recipe. Of course, you can vary the herbs and spices to suit your taste. Served with rice and veggies, it's one of my favorite quick and easy meals. Especially good with fresh bread!

Tarragon Fish

3-4 bass fillets (that's what we catch, but other fish works well too)

1- 2 T stick margarine

celery salt

cayenne pepper

basil

dried parsley flakes

dried tarragon

crushed coriander seeds

garlic powder

1/4 c onion, thinly sliced

1 small tomato, sliced

lemon juice

Start margarine melting on medium-low heat in skillet. Add a light sprinkle of cayenne pepper, celery salt, and basil, and a heavier sprinkle of other spices to the margarine. (Too easy to overdo some spices and hard to get them evenly distributed if you try to sprinkle them directly on the fish.) Add onion and brown lightly. Add fish and tomato and sprinkle with lemon juice. Saute gently until fish is lightly brown and flakey, and juices evaporate. Turn once to brown second side. Depending on how much moisture is in fish and how thick the fillets are, you may have to put a lid on to keep it from drying out too fast.

Blaithnin

I don't know if it will suit the fish you're talking about...but I like to make a parcel of foil and steam fish...put in some shallots, (spring onions), lemongrass, ginger and steam until done...

or maybe put onion, tomato and some herbs in the parcel and steam...

or a little olive oil, parsley and some grated lemon...

UmmYousef

I'm personally a big fan of Allrecipies.com...Used it all the time. Type in ingredients on hand...print out a recipe...and she-bam!

Sign in to follow this