• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
joansdaughter

share something nice about the area in our world where you live

Chloe
Here's a photo I took in my yard this afternoon.

redbud.jpg

Perc, that is so beautiful!! I'd love to paint that. Is that a blossom tree?

percolate

It's a eastern red bud (Cercis Canadensis), a flowering tree that's quite common in the area where I live. It's spectacular when it blooms but in a few weeks the flowers will be replaced by rather ordinary leaves.

SM
Here's a photo I took in my yard this afternoon.

redbud.jpg

Oh Perc, it's beautiful! Maryland is magical in the springtime. I especially loved the dogwoods this time of year. But don't worry, they have dogwoods in Atlanta too.

My sinuses are clogging up just looking at your picture. Where'd that sudafed go? :-)

SM

percolate

SM,

Oh Perc, it's beautiful! Maryland is magical in the springtime. I especially loved the dogwoods this time of year. But don't worry, they have dogwoods in Atlanta too.

In another week, I suspect the dogwoods and azeleas will be in bloom in my neighborhood.

It will be interesting to see what blooms around my new home in Atlanta next spring. Like my current home, my new home is surrounded by trees, and according to an older newspaper article about the property, the previous owner did a lot of landscaping around the house using hostas and various ground covers.

2.jpg

New home in Atlanta

Bewitched

What a great thread! (Loved PeeCups therapy pool LOL).

I love seeing where you guys all are. I don't know if I can work out how to put a pic on, but I'll try. We have some gorgeous photos.

Had a fiddle...can't work it out. Will go search the site and see if I can find instructions(commonly known at my place as 'destructions'!) I know it has to do with the little insert image thingie.

In the meantime, where I live, there are beautiful waterhoiles, rainforest and farm country out my kitchen window. Hippy markets close by, and only 40 minutes to the beaches of Byron Bay/Ballina.

Bewitched

The waterhole down the road...

thewall.jpg

downstreamwhianwhian.jpg

Curly

Bewitched did you figure out how to post pics?

There are instructions here if anyone is wanting help with posting pictures. Please don't post anything if it could mean you being found here though. You could share via PM if you wished. No one not logged in can see the photos but still I think better safe than sorry.

Perc's yard (for want of a better word for an unfenced forest area surrounding a house) is something pretty special. I have seen it.

I love seeing all the critter pics.

Loved the pics of Noob's little one in a bonnet too. It looks like photos of me at around age two over 50 years ago. Bonnets on little girls were the in thing back then. Actually I had a profile pic of me in a bonnet for a while as a joke.

Chloe
Bewitched did you figure out how to post pics?

There are instructions here if anyone is wanting help with posting pictures. Please don't post anything if it could mean you being found here though. You could share via PM if you wished. No one not logged in can see the photos but still I think better safe than sorry.

Perc's yard (for want of a better word for an unfenced forest area surrounding a house) is something pretty special. I have seen it.

I love seeing all the critter pics.

Loved the pics of Noob's little one in a bonnet too. It looks like photos of me at around age two over 50 years ago. Bonnets on little girls were the in thing back then. Actually I had a profile pic of me in a bonnet for a while as a joke.

Oh wow Perc's place looks a m a z i n g!!!!!

Kathy please post the pic of you in a bonnet that would be too cute!!

Curly
Kathy please post the pic of you in a bonnet that would be too cute!!

littlek.jpglittlek1.jpg

Not exactly a place or about where I live but Curly as she was over 50 years ago. Good grief that is a long time ago.

blackbird

OH. MY. GOD.

That is sooooooo cute. :D

free2bme

This is me and my baby sis at 4 yrs old and 8 months old. I loved my little baby sister.

Curly that picture is so adorable!!!!!

I'd love to see more of everyone.

:D

Linny

well, this picture didn't work. I can't remember what I did last time.

Linda4yrs4moLisa6mo.jpg

Let's see if this works....

It worked!!!! yay. Now everyone can see my bad haircut my mom gave me. :P

Chloe

Oooooooh how adorable!!!!

Kathy I love your photos, what a cutie you were, hey you haven't changed much :)

Linny, that is the sweetest photo, nawwwwwww :wub:

Chloe

This is me with my baby brother - I was about 2.5 and he was about 6months ..... I was and still am his second Mum lol

AntandLouise-Littleones-1.jpg

Curly

Looks like we are all big sisters. Well at least Linny, Chloe and me.

Cute pictures. I actually love old photos and I also like seeing people's baby photos.

Just to join in with the siblings we have Curly at around 3 to 3 1/2 with my little brother.

sandk.jpg

Except for the park bench one the photos were taken on the farm where I grew up. My brother still lives there but the house we grew up in is gone.

Chloe

nawwww that's another gorgeous one Curly!!! I'll have to scan a few more of mine :)

free2bme

I really like this idea of seeing us when we were little. Love yours too Chloe and Curly! Too Cute. :D

AuslanGirl

Ohhhh! I just LOVE all your pics of where you live!! Just beautiful!! Hey? That photo of Bondi Beach (I think it is?) with those little multi-coloured hut thingies....I saw those on Hot property some months ago. Someone was selling one of those little hut thingies for like, $50,000 or some ridiculously outrageous price. But then again, Bondi Beach is VERRRRY expensive...All of Sydney is. If you ever want to move there, you better be prepared to sell a kidney and your ovaries!! My two sisters and a niece and nephew live there-and they've told me just how expensive everything is! I actually was born in Sydney myself.

As to me...I don't have any piccies of my place as yet...I hope to rectify that as soon as I can find the lead thingy for my camera to the computer. Once I can do that, then I have to work out how to upload to the computer, and...well you know the rest. Anyways...I live in the western area of Melbourne...sort of almost country. It used to be a really tiny town, but is growing quite big quite quickly. But for now, it still has that nice small country town feel. People are quite friendly. And everything I ever want or need is practically on my doorstep. I have a nice big house with 4 bedroom-but we've turned it into a 6 bedroom place. Well, one of the rooms is a bedroom/library/toy room/holder of junk and freezers etc room. Considering we used to live in a tiny 4 bedroom shoebox, courtesy of the housing commission...this is heaven-we bought this place a year and a half ago. It's kind of hard at times, bse even though we had the shoebox, we were close to H's work, and to our church. (10 mins away!), so we never had to use much petrol. But some places like Medicare office or Centrelink which I need to visit on a regular basis was quite a long way away. Yet, where I am now, it's half an hour's drive to church and to H's work, and H always has to leave early each day bse of peak hour traffic. But...medicare office, Centrelink and other places we need are right on our doorstep! Lovely!!

It's a lot quieter here as well. Where I lived before, all over Melbourne, people had a saying "If you can drive in this area, you can drive anywhere!"...and it was TRUE!! The area I used to live in had the worst reputation for traffic, and their railways crossings were notorious for too many deaths each year. For me, driving where I am now is a breeze compared to my old area! I'm not getting flipped off anymore, or scared that I'm going to get someone get out of his car to shoot me in a road rage incident.

On top of that. We have a park in front of our place where we are regularly visited by galahs and cockatoos. Very nice!! I do miss the Rosellas we used to see in my old area, bse they are my favourite birds...oh well!!

As to pics of me when I was a baby...sorry! I don't have any...I was adopted, so I don't have any pics. Also, I'm the youngest in my adopted family. If my Mum had kept me, and had more kids, I would have been the oldest...oh well!

AuslanGirl :wub:

jolynn81

Here are a few pictures of where I live in northwest Florida, right on the coast. Its really paradise but the 110 heat index the past few days, plus the humidity is killing us! I really love the pictures in Australia you all have shared- just saying the other day I would love to visit there!

1D4V3241_state_park_5_x_7_II1.jpg

sunset2.jpg

csb5.jpg

F_86145.jpg

MVC-007F.jpg

chinacat

Jolynn81 - What amazingly beautiful pictures (thats a dolphin right?) Everyones are beautiful. And the pictures of you guys when you were little are priceless!

I live in Lynbrook on Long Island. Its where the show "Everyone Loves Raymond" takes place. I have been on Long Island my entire life. I am 15 minutes from the ocean and the Lynbrook Long Island Railroad station is a block awayand if I jump on that I am in Manhatten in 15 minutes.

I don't know how to post pictures but when my son comes home, I know he can show me!!!!!

AuslanGirl

Oh man!!!

Jolyn??? I am positively DROOLING over Florida!!! Those beautiful, crystal clear waters remind me of Queensland's Gold Coast where we have the Great Barrier Reef!

I just LOVE the tropics! I always complain to H and say that I want to move to Queensland or somewhere the weather is warm all year round, and we are near beautiful clear beaches. But....unfortunately, here we are where live...in freezing cold Melbourne. UGH!!

I suppose Melbourne is alright in many ways...but if I could, I'd move the entire city, all my friends, my church, my kids' schools-everything up to Queensland and live there!

Ah well....there's always when my H retires....

I can dream!

AuslanGirl :wub:

Curly

Beautiful photos Jolynn. I love the second one. Lovely sunset.

Amber_L

Near the sea but also near the mountains

InThisAttic

I live in Georgia, very close to Atlanta, except my house is in the middle of the woods!

I've always loved it, though, and I've always thought it beautiful.

1) You can hear the animals come alive at night.

2) If you wake up early, you get to be greeted by birdsong!

3) Deer, rabbits, chipmunks, and other cute animals like that often come to the yard. I once got to see a family of foxes!

(Edit: I guess I didn't really answer as expected, but I hope the little description is okay!)