• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
joansdaughter

share something nice about the area in our world where you live

Disco

I wanna hang on the couch with a good book near Linny's windows for a bit - what a view! Love love. Bet it's peaceful. Actually, the hills in Texas? out there could be mistaken for Australian Bushland. Uncanny how similar it is.

Anyone seen the film 'The Holiday' with Cameron Diaz & Kate Winslet? Where they swap homes in the US/UK to get away from their lives and troubles? We could always do that .... my Mum is really no trouble at all :) ... anyone got a hot brother like Jude Law? ;)

D

Chloe
I wanna hang on the couch with a good book near Linny's windows for a bit - what a view! Love love. Bet it's peaceful. Actually, the hills in Texas? out there could be mistaken for Australian Bushland. Uncanny how similar it is.

Anyone seen the film 'The Holiday' with Cameron Diaz & Kate Winslet? Where they swap homes in the US/UK to get away from their lives and troubles? We could always do that .... my Mum is really no trouble at all :) ... anyone got a hot brother like Jude Law? ;)

D

hehehe love it! My brother looks a bit like Matthew McConaughey (sp?) but he's married lol.

Curly
Wow...amazing photos Moongoddess!

Something I love hearing when I wake up is the birds....they are prolific here ( semi-rural). This morning the Black cockatoos are really active. We also have kookaburras, eastern rosellas (parrots) and magpies.

This is a sound I often wake to even in the middle of this large city.

(I think there is also a magpie in the US but it is not the same bird) I think it makes for a cheerful start to the day.

...and just because kookaburra laughing.

Love the lily Nooblette and MG's daughter's photos.

Disco one of these days we will make that gathering happen. Maybe we need to win Tatslotto or something.

bounce
IMG00093-20090614-16271.jpg

I live in northern Florida. When I take my dogs for a walk we get to see wonderful wildlife! :-)

SM

Oh, Sparkers, you're so thoughtful, installing a therapy pool for Peecup. Here in Australia we tend to use dolphins in our therapy pools but hey, whatever works for you! ;)

bounce
OK, I'll play - I live in Northern NSW, Australia, on the Coast. A short stroll to the beach. This is a pic from the air of my small Village & a pic of one entrance to the beach (lots of beaches and fresh country air round here.) No Alligators, just Kangaroos, Wallabies, Koalas, Snakes, Spiders, Native Parrots & other Birds, Lizards, Dolphins & Sharks!

D

Awww D, its lovely, reminds me of holidays, i've spent a bit of time in the area over the years, Ballina to be exact, peak tourist season and still only six people on the beach.

How big is that couch?

Bounce :cheeky-smiley-005:

Disco
hehehe love it! My brother looks a bit like Matthew McConaughey (sp?) but he's married lol.

:laughing2-smiley-008: That's OK, Hun, I don't roll that way anyway (with Married men I mean!)

D

Disco
Awww D, its lovely, reminds me of holidays, i've spent a bit of time in the area over the years, Ballina to be exact, peak tourist season and still only six people on the beach.

How big is that couch?

Bounce :cheeky-smiley-005:

Yeah, GF was staying with me recently and we spent a bit of time on the beach baking ... she says: "OMG, we have the entire beach to ourselves!!!" .. was not another soul around for hours so we stripped off to our bottoms! :blush:

The couch is big enough for two at a push, Bounce, it's L-shaped! :)

One of these days, Curly ..... :)

D

Chloe

here's some piccy's of my front yard :)

Picture2451.jpgPicture2435.jpgPicture2447.jpgPicture2445.jpgPicture2441.jpgPicture2449.jpg

Tree
This is a sound I often wake to even in the middle of this large city.
(I think there is also a magpie in the US but it is not the same bird) I think it makes for a cheerful start to the day.

...and just because kookaburra laughing.

Thanks for the music Curly :)

percolate

Chloe

I love your front yard!

Tree
Chloe

I love your front yard!

Me too. A bit OT - But it's a little bittersweet for me...it reminds me of where I used to live, 5 mins walk from beach. Guess who lives there now? Thing - he wouldn't move out, despite him moving in with me when we got together. I miss the walks (so does Mac), the ocean breezes in the summer.

Chloe
Me too. A bit OT - But it's a little bittersweet for me...it reminds me of where I used to live, 5 mins walk from beach. Guess who lives there now? Thing - he wouldn't move out, despite him moving in with me when we got together. I miss the walks (so does Mac), the ocean breezes in the summer.

Thanks Perc and Dmj :)

I'm so sorry it makes you sad Dmj :( I hope you can find another coast sanctuary (away from Thing) some day soon :hug:

Tree

Thanks Chloe...here's some pics. Me and babu will move onto brighter things in time. :nature-smiley-008:

Sunshine.jpg

foamy.jpg

Chloe

Beautiful!!

seeker

View from our house

Sydney Northern Beaches

viewfromhome2010006.jpg

viewfromhome2010004.jpg

viewfromhome2010001.jpg

nooblette

Chloe, don't view it as us e-stalking you, its just we're e-stalking your front yard........not *that* many of us will show up....just me, three kids, a dog, a few cats....... ^_^

Weather was BEAUTIFUL here for Easter!

Here's some pics!

26593_102179269824166_100000962800917_13862_6188700_n.jpg

26593_102179276490832_100000962800917_13864_2172004_n.jpg

26593_102179293157497_100000962800917_13869_1826773_n.jpg

joansdaughter

nice pics noob and rj

free2bme

I love this thread. It's so nice to see how you all live and where.

joansdaughter

here's my fav. hideaway that I go to in the summer while SO is at work.6536_99690528702_770873702_1965393_7207595_n.jpg

Chloe

hehe come on down noob :D

Your pictures are beautiful, how sweet does your little girl look in her Easter bonnet!! Adorable bubs you have :wub:

Chloe
here's my fav. hideaway that I go to in the summer while SO is at work.6536_99690528702_770873702_1965393_7207595_n.jpg

This is DIVINE jd!!!

Chloe

My fave time at our beach ... dusk - sunset

Picture2592.jpg

Picture2594.jpg

Picture2595.jpg

Picture2596.jpg

Picture2598.jpg

Picture2601.jpg

Picture2605.jpg

Picture2606.jpg

Picture2608.jpg

SM

I'm beginning to think that Chloe (the lab, not the girl) is possessed! Look at those yellow eyes peering out of the blackness!

Great Pics Chloe! Thanks for sharing!

SM

percolate

Here's a photo I took in my yard this afternoon.

redbud.jpg

Chloe
I'm beginning to think that Chloe (the lab, not the girl) is possessed! Look at those yellow eyes peering out of the blackness!

Great Pics Chloe! Thanks for sharing!

SM

Hehehe I know, it's freaky isn't it!!