• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Curly

Testing forum and user manual

Curly

This forum is for playing around with and trying out the different board features. We will be adding to the How to manual as we go along. All members are welcome to contribute helpful user guides.

Experiment here rather than in the other forums.

Shalimar

Testing signature

jaded
Testing signature

Tring to work out how to do a post :animal-smiley-040:

Umm why is this so complicated, can't I just press enter and wala! done!

Curly

I guess because the format offers a few options. Looks like you worked it out in any case.

volcano92

I just want to check if this works as it keeps saying i dont have access to anything? I am new to this site so just trying to find my feet... Anyway here we go x

Miatheresa

Hope I get the hang of this!

Curly

I am sure you will.

unsure

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

TinyChickadee

This is a test of posting. It is only a test. If it were a real post it would also look like this since tests are real posts.

hoping
I'm new here and trying to figure this out.

lovemyboys

Test post.

Littlebird

New to this forum.

Littlebird

Testing

Littlebird

Trying to get an image to post.

anarquia

I typed up a long post as an intro on the Main Forum, asking for support and it totally disappeared...very discouraging!

vpc

Welcome anarquia.

I'm sorry you weren't able to post. There could be many reasons for it disappearing and I'm not sure there is anything we can do to stop that sort of thing happening at times. It has happened to me too when my internet connection has dropped out.

What I generally do when making a long post is to type it in a word document first and then paste it. That does help to minimise the chance of it disappearing into cyberspace.