• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Chloe

*~*Getting to know you game*~*

Guest midwest88
Middie! Because I'm dying to see his Man Cave and visit his Pet Rock that I made for him (plus, I think we'd have a ball!) :cheeky-smiley-005::cheeky-smiley-005: <-----That's you & me Kid!

If I could have, at no cost, the most beautiful handbag in the world, it would be a ___________________.

I TOTALLY agree with you Sweet D.....I think that you and I could turn a LOT of things upside, down!! *snicker*

OH SHITE.........the game...........AHEM......

If I could turn things around and have my fantasy relationship come to life I would not have contacted Lumpy and pursued the woman that kissed me 29+ years ago.....the ONLY 'first kiss' that I have EVER remembered and that would have turned out SWEEEEEET!!!

If I won the largest lottery ever, I would _______________________________________________.

blackbird

If I won the largest lottery ever, I would:

-Buy the cute little house in my town that I love and get the heck out of this big, beautiful prison

-Pay back my family all of the money I borrowed for my divorce

-Set money aside for my boys' college educations

-Travel internationally with my kids, including Ireland, Thailand, Italy, Kenya, Morocco, and Tanzania

-Buy a horse and start riding again

-Buy a piano and start playing again

-And, most importantly, establish a foundation to support: 1) domestic violence programs, 2) safe and healthy relationship programs for school aged kids, and 3) organizations that provide free legal representation to abuse victims that can't otherwise incur the cost of a fair divorce

Oh, and then I'd call the District Attorney's office, the IRS, and our mortgage lender and let them know what The Dark Lord has been up to, and assist them in making sure he's correctly fitted for his orange jumpsuit. What the heck, I don't need his child support anymore - I just won the largest lottery ever.

If I could fall in love in a movie, the film (and scene) I'd most like to be in is......

SM
If I could fall in love in a movie, the film (and scene) I'd most like to be in is......

Casablanca. But I wouldn't get on the plane. I'd stay with Rick and let that boring ole' Paul Henreid go off to save the world by himself!

If I were a dog... the kind of a dog I would be is ...

SM

blackbird

If I were a dog, hmmmm... which would I be? Which breed has the most woeful eyes? I'd want to be that one, so that I could stare longing at my "owner" and guilt them into feeding me lots of bacon.

During my childhood, the Christmas gift I loved the most was...

Chloe

During my childhood, the Christmas gift I loved the most was... barbie dolls or any accessory for barbie dolls, such a girl lol

If a movie was made about my life, the actor/actress that I would like to play me would be ________________

blackbird

Ooooh, oooh, I want this one... (I've thought about it a lot!)

My family, best friend, and my legal team actually discussed this when we celebrated over lunch after the judge's decision.

If a movie was made about my life, the actress that would play me would be Kate Winslet.

As for the rest of the cast:

Jodie Foster would take the role as my best friend

My legal assistant said she wanted Sandra Bullock, and I wholeheartedly agree - she'd be perfect

My attorney was about to jump in, but, I cut her off; I had made that pick long ago - Susan Sarandon. However, while watching the Academy Awards, I was reminded of Sigourney Weaver, who would also play my attorney brilliantly

Amy Adams would be wonderful as my paralegal

My attorney's brother-in-law, who conducted depositions in my case, would be played by George Clooney

The boys' psychologist would be played by either Anthony Hopkins or Colin Firth

I really struggled with who would play my ex, but then the legal assistant suggested Kevin Spacey. He would be perfect! He plays charming, slippery, and evil so well.

Now, I just have to write the screenplay and raise about $200M to pay the cast. ;)

The quality I find most attractive in other people is...

needHim

The quality I find most attractive in other people is...

A genuine warmth and the other person "feeling comfortable" in their own skin and not trying to "put on aires"

or behave to please others...I really like the funny, witty and even "silly" people who are "just being themselves"...

it thrills me to laugh WITH them most of all. :cheeky-smiley-005:

The most wonderful thing for me to enjoy on a warm, sunny day is....

free2bme

The most wonderful thing for me to enjoy on a warm, sunny day is....sitting with a girlfriend or my sister in two beach chairs in the shallow water with warm gulf waters lapping at our toes with a cooler full of margaritas and talking and laughing about everything and anything, with nothing pressing on our minds and getting sun kissed. Ahhhhhhh.....

A true friend is...

moongoddess
The most wonderful thing for me to enjoy on a warm, sunny day is....sitting with a girlfriend or my sister in two beach chairs in the shallow water with warm gulf waters lapping at our toes with a cooler full of margaritas and talking and laughing about everything and anything, with nothing pressing on our minds and getting sun kissed. Ahhhhhhh.....

A true friend is...

a friend who loves you unconditionally and validates you even when they don't understand.......because they know with their whole heart that you are speaking your truth....

*HUGS*

MG

miss kat

"a friend who loves you unconditionally and validates you even when they don't understand.......because they know with their whole heart that you are speaking your truth...."

Moongoddess...... your question is.....??

I will ask one if you don't mind :nature-smiley-008:

If you could change just one thing about yourself, what would it be?

((((MG)))) thankyou :animal-smiley-030:

Blaithnin

I'd be tall.

Just for a day. I'm tired of being a short-arse.

My daughters are 5ft 8 and 5ft 7. I am so jealous.

I

AuslanGirl

...and so what's your question? I was all geared up to join in....and it just stopped cold....are u okay, Blaithnin???

AuslanGirl :wub:

moongoddess
...and so what's your question? I was all geared up to join in....and it just stopped cold....are u okay, Blaithnin???

(slightly OT, but I TOO made a reply and forgot to add a question, LOL.......)

MG

SM

I'll jsut answer the last question :-) ...

If I could change one thing about myself it would be...

to have been wiser, younger. I feel like I wasted alot of years. :-)

OK... next question is...

How would you celebrate your most perfect birthday?

SM

miss kat

:nature-smiley-001:

waking up without apprehension or anxiety........ and maybe actually getting presents lol...... :animal-smiley-030:

And my question is.............

What is the best quality "You" think you have?

AuslanGirl

Let's see...I think my best quality that I have (besides the fact that I'm VERY compassionate!) is that I just LOVE the English language...and I use it to make people laugh...just last night, I posted on my wall a long sililoquy in Shakespearian Englsih about the the fact that I had to leave facebook in order to cook dinner...I got a wild reaction from my friends from this.

LOVE IT!!! If I can make people laugh and bring a bit of sunshine into their day esp if people are having a bad day, then why not?

Hee hee!!

Okay....a question.....ummmmm...

If you could be fluent in ANY language at all, what would it be, and why?

Daphne

Italiano!

Because I've always wanted to speak Italian, it sound sexy and interesting and passionate. And I'd have an excuse to use my hands a lot when I talk without looking stupid. Either that or British sign language, I've always wanted to learn that too.

Q: If you could choose your own name, what would you choose?

AuslanGirl

Sorry..just doping a super quick hi-jack here, if that's okay?

Daphne? BSL hey? (British Sign Language!). GO for it!! Did u know that the BSL alphabet is the same as the AUSLAN and NZSL alphabet?...in fact quite a few country's sign laguage have the trwo handed alphabet...all of course, for good ol' America who are one handed...bse they like to different to everyone else!! LOL!! I can't sign the 1 handed alphabet...sends my hand into spasms just about! LOL!!

Okay, carry on, ladies!! :P

Chloe
Q: If you could choose your own name, what would you choose?

I would choose Chloe lol (obviously it's not my real name!) or Ella, I love the name Ella also :)

Q: What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

miss kat

:)

Let the dog & cats out and go to the loo!! Then I have a quiet word to the good Lord :think:

:animal-smiley-037::animal-smiley-030:

Question: How do you feel when you see a rainbow? :nature-smiley-008:

Thankyou ((((HUGS))))

Daphne
Sorry..just doping a super quick hi-jack here, if that's okay?

Daphne? BSL hey? (British Sign Language!). GO for it!! Did u know that the BSL alphabet is the same as the AUSLAN and NZSL alphabet?...in fact quite a few country's sign laguage have the trwo handed alphabet...all of course, for good ol' America who are one handed...bse they like to different to everyone else!! LOL!! I can't sign the 1 handed alphabet...sends my hand into spasms just about! LOL!!

Okay, carry on, ladies!! :P

I might do that! I'm learning how to sew at the moment, but when I master that I might take a class....or I'll take one when baby is old enough to learn it with me :)

Thanks! xxx

Daphne
:)

Question: How do you feel when you see a rainbow? :nature-smiley-008:

Thankyou ((((HUGS))))

When I was little I was told that when it rained and the sun shone at the same time it was a monkeys tea party...and I used to think that monkeys really used to have tea partys...so a rainbow always reminds me that monkeys are having tea partys somewhere lol. The things we used to believe lol :laughing-smiley-014:

Q: whats the funniest thing you used to believe was real?

Chloe

Hmmm good question Daphne!

Probably that when there was thunder, it was god throwing a piano down the stairs! Bizarre hey!!

Q: What's your earliest memory?

Echo

I remember, believe it or not, my mother's long dark hair hanging down toward me, and her sillouette with the light bulb shining in the background and I assume, I was in a crib, definitely on my back. No idea on age, but I remember that perfectly well and it has to be my earliest memory.

If you could marry any movie star who would it be?

blackbird

COLIN FIRTH.

He's dreeeeeeeeamy.

colin_firth_99.jpg

*swoon*

(You may commence eye-rolling, SM.)

OK...so, what was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?