• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Chloe

*~*Getting to know you game*~*

Blaithnin

The Velveteen rabbit!! (I stopped obsessing about getting older and wrinklier!)

"What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?"

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."

"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.

"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

"Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?"

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

Margery Williams

Source: The Velveteen Rabbit

If I had a big garden, I would grow......

seeker
The Velveteen rabbit!! (I stopped obsessing about getting older and wrinklier!)

If I had a big garden, I would grow......

A Brazilian Coral Tree, a poinsettia, put in some hydrangeas, geraniums, daisys, a range of Australian natives, a herb garden, some cherry tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, corn (because corn is just so amazing when you grow it yourself and then eat it...!) plus a whole lot of stuff,

when I spend time on my own I love...........

Chloe

when I spend time on my own I love...........reading

when I was little I wanted to be a .......... when I grew up

Sylvia
when I was little I wanted to be a .......... when I grew up

when I was little I wanted to be an Indian Princess when I grew up. :)

The time period in history that most intrigues me is....

Chloe
when I was little I wanted to be an Indian Princess when I grew up. :)

adorable!!!

The time period in history that most intrigues me is.... the 1920's

My very first memory is ....

blackbird

My very first memory is shuffling around the house in my dad's loafers and suit jacket and kissing my mom goodbye; I was "off to work."

If I were stranded on a desert island, the three things I could not do without are...

Chloe
My very first memory is shuffling around the house in my dad's loafers and suit jacket and kissing my mom goodbye; I was "off to work."

That's adorable!!

If I were stranded on a desert island, the three things I could not do without are... my furbabies (that's 2) and a phone to call someone to rescue us lol

If I had a dinner party and could invite any 3 famous people (dead or alive) I would invite ....

blackbird

If I had a dinner party and could invite any 3 famous people, I would invite George Clooney, the Dalai Lama, and Nelson Mandela. Of course, after the dinner party, George would be welcome to stay. :)

If I were forced to go into the witness protection program and take on an assumed name, my new name would be...

Chloe

If I were forced to go into the witness protection program and take on an assumed name, my new name would be...

oooh that's a tricky one hmmm .... maybe one of the silly name's from Austin Powers like Felicity Shagwell hehe

My absolute favourite movie is ....

blackbird

My absolute favorite movie (of the moment) is Waitress. I highly recommend it for anyone that's in or has been through an abusive relationship. It's sweet and funny and very, very hopeful. Of course, I'm awful at "favorites" because I can never seem to choose just one. On a different day, my answer could have been:

Slumdog Millionaire

Million Dollar Baby

A Christmas Story

Raise the Red Lantern

Schindler's List

Rear Window

The Shawshank Redemption

It's a Wonderful Life

Bringing Up Baby

Lost in Translation

Hotel Rwanda

And my guilty pleasure...13 Going on 30

(I'll stay off of this thread for awhile and let someone else have a chance now. Sorry. It's fun!)

If I were a super hero and had the power of invisibility, I would go...

tilly

If I were a super hero, and had the power of invisibility, I would go eveywhere and nowhere at once, I would spy on my daughter at school to see how she gets on, I would see what my cats do when I am not there, I would make sure my little brother isn't having sex yet, I would walk for hours knowing nobody could stop me, I would love to say that I would use my power for the greater good, but my world is so small that I would use it just for little things like this

ok

my favourite childhood game was...........

Chloe

my favourite childhood game was........... playing Barbie's

If I were an animal, I'd be a ....

seeker

If I were an animal, I'd be a platypus!!

I can hold my breath under water for ????? seconds..

Chloe

I can hold my breath under water for _____ seconds.. good question! I used to be able to do at least 2 laps of the pool underwater, I was a fish lol. Now, hmmm not sure really, haven't tried it for years!!!

If I could, the one thing I would change about myself (physically) is ___________

seeker

the one thing I would change about myself physically is my current fitness levels. I really need to lose 5 kg and tone up.

I wish I could play............

Chloe

I wish I could play............ the guitar

If I was reincarnated, I want to come back as ....

blackbird
If I was reincarnated, I want to come back as ....

If I was reincarnated, I'd want to come back as...my dog. I'd lounge by the fire all day long without a care in the world, and my people would give me lots of belly rubs and warm gravy on my dinner.

The person who has inspired me most is...

lis

The person who has inspired me most is...My sister

If I could have or do anything in life it would be......

Blaithnin

I'd like to be arty...any sort of arty..sing, paint, draw!!

If I could go back in time, I would go to......

jayz

My favorite daydream is .... lying in the sun, with a great book watching my kids play knowing only peace follows.

My ideal Saturday night ..

Chloe

My ideal Saturday night .. would be chilling out with friends, have a bbq on a warm night :)

My dream house is .....

blackbird
My dream house is .....

My dream house is a cozy Arts & Crafts bungalow with a great big front porch in old "downtown," where I could sip a glass of wine on the porch swing with my friends on a beautiful summer evening and walk to the ice cream shop, library, and park with my kids.

If I knew it was going to be my last meal, I would have...

Guest midwest88

If I knew it was going to be my last meal, I would have......a BIG ol Iowa Ribeye steak, baked potato, green beans and one beer.......after the other!!!

If I could meet 1 person from Our Place, I would meet _______________.

Disco

Middie! Because I'm dying to see his Man Cave and visit his Pet Rock that I made for him (plus, I think we'd have a ball!) :cheeky-smiley-005::cheeky-smiley-005: <-----That's you & me Kid!

If I could have, at no cost, the most beautiful handbag in the world, it would be a ___________________.

joansdaughter

If I could have, at no cost, the most beautiful handbag in the world, it would be a D& B bag like in the linked pic.viewfinder.jpg

If I could turn things around & have my fantasy relationship come to life I would________________