• Announcements

• vpc

Our Place Has Moved   09/30/2018

Our Place has moved to a new location:      http://ourplaceonline.freeforums.net/forum  You will need to reregister at the new site as we are unable to transfer any content from here to there.   You will no longer be able to post here after 4th October, but the forum will remain visible until the end of October. If you are having problems registering at the new site, please admin.our.place@gmail.com                                                                                             
Sign in to follow this  
lucas123

Hobbies

lucas123

Well, I would not call "dieting" or "lifestyle changes" necessarily hobbies, but outside of these issues we all share, what else are you interested in?

I like to do some genealogical digging.

I have become more interested in history since my son has been getting older.

As a family, we have enjoyed going out and exploring our home state. You never know when you may have to relocate and wonder "I wish I had done that while I lived there".

I also like to scrapbook. I am a bit behind but I still have my things organized and ready to pick up where I left off.

jaded

What a great idea...

Next year I'm going to try pottery.

Since x'mas is coming up and I'm on a budget I will get the carboard tubes from empty glad wrap/foil and turn them into home made bon bons for my kids x'mas stockings. I will fill them with their favourite sweets. Great gift ideas for other littlies and get old jars, decorate them and fill them with cheap hair accesories.

Any other cheap gift ideas are welcome.

I also do wood work but it is a little pricey for materials and time consuming

Aurora

I actually forgot how much I was into astrology. I used to dig into tarot cards and have done some natal charts, all for the fun but still. I never realized how much I was into it. I also like to take pictures just for fun!

nooblette

I like to crochet, I don't like to knit (it takes too long) and when I crochet I enjoy just doing standard stitches in mostly rectangular shapes LOL! Sometimes I learn some patterns, like shell-stitching a baby blanket or something, but most of the time I do hats and scarves. I can do them fast-efficiently and I like to do them! I don't have time for complex projects, I've made one large king-size blanket ONCE and it took me years because I'd get tired of the three colors and get annoyed and stopped working on it for months at a time and that sort of thing. I also hand crocheted my wedding veil out of white thread. But I'm not actually "great" at it or exceedingly talented, its just something I really like to do when I'm stressed out! I really just enjoy it.

I like to bike ride, but rarely have time for it. I got my bike fixed the last summer though and I ride it to school a few times a month now.

I like to put puzzles together, but I haven't in the last five years because I found out my cats really like them at night.... /facepalm One day in a different more organized house, I will have a room, that I can set out a puzzle in and then close the door to so my cats can't get to it. I can't see myself ever living without cats, so I have this plan in the future to bring puzzles back into my life :)

I like to play the piano, but I rarely have time for that anymore either. I use to actually teach piano lessons to earn extra money when I was a teenager. I had about 10-12 students. Sadly when I left for college when I was eighteen I didn't get to see them much anymore, but some of them went on to play music more full time in college I heard. One of my older piano students just added me as a friend on facebook. She just graduated college! I felt old, but I did start teaching when I was like 13 and ended when I was 18 so I guess she had time to grow up in the past 8 years that I haven't seen her!

Sign in to follow this