• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Aurora

Recipe Swap!

Lantana

You're right midwest!! It was great! If someone served it to me, and I didn't know how easy it was, I would be impressed!! Umm, now I have leftovers!!

Thanks.

Guest midwest88
You're right midwest!! It was great! If someone served it to me, and I didn't know how easy it was, I would be impressed!! Umm, now I have leftovers!!

Thanks.

Lantana,

Isn't that the BEST stuff you have tasted in a LONG time?!?!?!? I couldn't believe how GREAT it tasted and how EASY it was to put together!! My daughters and roommates LOVED it.....there weren't any leftovers that night, but the first time I made it we had leftovers and it was even better the next night!! I'm glad that you enjoyed it.....I sure did!!

middie

OrangeTea
Speedy Brownies

2 cups sugar

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour

1/2 cup baking cocoa

1 tsp. salt

5 eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 cup (six ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour into a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.

Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes about 3 dozen

These are YUMMY! I've made them twice in a week already! (It was d8's bday. Her class loved them! :-))

bounce

German Potato Soup (metric)

6 rashers shortcut, rindless bacon, chopped

2 medium onions, chopped

3 spring onions, chopped

1 1/2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons plain flour

5 cups chicken stock [or four for a thicker soup]

4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced

4 egg yolks

1 cup light sour cream

Salt and pepper to taste

Put bacon, onion and butter in a pan and gently cook until soft, stir in flour and mix well. Add stock stirring constantly. Add potato and simmer until potato is tender. Mix egg yolks with sour cream, add a little of the soup, mixing well. Gradually add this mixture to the soup stirring well, do not boil. Season.

This is the tastiest soup, i found the recipe in an old newspaper, great with crusty bread. :spudnikbackflip:

lavinia_x

With Easter coming up, 'tis the season for deviled eggs. I usually make them with chunks of blue cheese in the mix, soo delicious. This year, I'm going to try a healthier alternative that goes something like this. Has anyone tried this?

Healthy Deviled Eggs

12 eggs

6 yolks

1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese (pureed in blender)

2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish

3 tablespoons light mayonnaise

Mustard to taste

paprika

Lily Bright
With Easter coming up, 'tis the season for deviled eggs. I usually make them with chunks of blue cheese in the mix, soo delicious. This year, I'm going to try a healthier alternative that goes something like this. Has anyone tried this?

Healthy Deviled Eggs

12 eggs

6 yolks

1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese (pureed in blender)

2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish

3 tablespoons light mayonnaise

Mustard to taste

paprika

Sounds good, Lavinia! (Of course, I'd MUCH prefer the Blue/Bleu in the mix, instead... ;) )

Lily

notme

:music-smiley-018:

This one is VERY easy to prepare and may sound all fancy smancy but its REALLY simple and I LIKE easy and Im not into cooking myself, so I like fast and easy.

You can buy this ingredient at Walmart. They sell fish called "Tilapita" and they come in the freezer section and are marinated in a lemon type sauce in individual pouches. The lemon one is the best!

Im not a fishy person. But I like salmon and I like THIS.

You just remove it from the pouch and put it in a glass baking pan in the oven set to the time specified.

THATS ALL and throw it in, its already marinated.

Then make some Quinoa (For those who wonder what the heck that is?) Its a grain that is in little balls, you just boil water and add in a cup of it, cook it just like rice. Im not sure if Walmart sells it, but we find it at Trader Joes. Look near the Rice and CousCous section or specialty food in other stores to find it.

Put the Quinoa on your plate and then put a piece of the Tilapita on top. Eat it together.

My kids even really like it!

jaded

The second 'Lazy Pizza' (obviously the first and best is above)

1pkt small round pita bread or lebanese bread - available in most supermarkets but you can use the single serves of oven ready pizza dough or normal sandwich bread

a couple of kids

some pasta sause - or anything that is tomatoe based and a little runny

fave vegies - capsicum, mushroom,eggplant, zucchini, pinapple, artichoke, olives, sun dried tomatoes

fave deli meats - Kabana, chorizo suasage, kransky, cut into rounds, and shredded ham and/or bacon

fave cheese - mozzarrella, boccocini, cheddar, parmessan

Method

Grab a spoon and spread tomatoe base thinly to cover bread

Pour glas of wine and round up kids

Instruct kids to place favourite ingredients all chopped up (unless they are old enough to do that themselves, in which case this is easier than you thought)

on top of bread. place in the oven, and come back when glass is empty - unless you drink slow as 10-15 mins is long enough

Sometimes requires a second glass of wine while waiting.

When kids want recipe for dessert tell them they have to do tea dishes first...