• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
gracebee

giving of your self

gracebee

I am writing this here because I learned something for the first time today.

I was driving...and talking to God. I asked him if it was ok for me to feel like I want to help the people that are joining my singles group...if it was trying to fix them...

(they are new christians or have all been through something very difficult, like addiciton or death of a spouse, or abuse,they came to me when I became the leader of our church single's group. none of them even knew what it was....they just wanted to be around other people. so we have this odd, searching, seeking group of people.)

I knew it felt different than what I had known before--the need to be a hero.

This is more like just being able to get my own desires out of the way....my selfishness....

selfishness...is what really got me in trouble in the first place....thinking I had to meet a certain need (a man) in order to be fulfilled.

I believe fulfillment comes many times from laying down our own needs and simply being a friend to someone else.

So I had a sort of epiphany. I must walk softly and daily go to God for refueling.

I will let you know how it goes....

gracie

Zoeygirl
I believe fulfillment comes many times from laying down our own needs and simply being a friend to someone else.

God bless you, gracebee. I think you are going to find this work very rewarding.

HVC

This is awesome.

In my marriage, at first, I gave of myself for acceptance. Then I gave of myself to keep peace. Then I gave of myself to keep him from leaving the horror that was me (yes, his projections, but still....), then I gave to maintain the status quo whilst I planned my escape.

Now, I give because I like giving. I can't always give, either, and that's Okay. I can say, I'm sorry, I just can't give today. And when my bucket starts filling back up, I give again, because giving in that sense, selflessly because I care, actually fills my bucket up.

It's hard sometimes to remove a "motive" from my giving. Some of it is so entrenched. But "free" "no strings" "no requirement for an outcome" giving is pretty amazing in how it always gives right back. Instantaneously.

In your case, I think God's landed you at the helm for a purpose and you are rising to it. Way to go! :)