• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Summer Sunshine

"accidental" break-up

Summer Sunshine

I woke up yesterday morning and the top hinge on my front door had broken. I was leaving for work, didn't have time or knowledge on how to fix it, so I left a note for H. The note was on two little post-its cuz I couldn't find any regular paper. The first note said "H- The front door's top hinge is not attached to the doorframe."

The second note said "I don't how to fix it and I don't have time. You're on your own. Sorry. Bye."

I got home, he's in tears, he holds up the note and goes "How could you do this to me?????? Don't I deserve a little better than to be told like this???"

I was like, what the HELL are you talking about? I just wanted you to fix the door.

He was like "What door???"

Well, it turns out, the first note fell on the floor and he never saw it.

He thought I was leaving him. He thought I wrote that stupid little note on a post-it and went to work. He sat there all day and freaked out, never called me, never texted me.

I showed him the note that had fallen on the floor, and while he figured it out, I went to the bathroom and laughed until I cried. I mean, seriously, I couldn't have worded that note any more perfectly if I'd have tried, and I didn't even think about it.

I told him that after four years of marriage, he really thought I'd give him a Dear John post-it and go to work like nothing was wrong?????

I'm sorry he was so upset, but god lord, it was funny. I'm still laughing, although he fails to see the humor in the situation. And everyone I tell laughs too.

He fixed the door that night, by the way.

***walks away giggling and snorting***

Lola

Hmmm... Kinda lets you peek into his mind a little, doesn't it?

Hehehehe...

It is pretty funny...

Lola

Lorelei

turnips, that was your big chance to get rid of him!

Too bad you didn't capitalize on it and tell him, "that's right, get out."

well, at least you got your door fixed, but I still think it would have been a better bargain to have him GONE.

Summer Sunshine

I gotta get through my overseas trip first. I should have jumped on it though, huh? :)

Zoeygirl

That is hilarious, SS! You need to send that story in to Reader's Digest--you might even make some money off of it!

Trillian

I could not stop laughing when i read this! How I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when he read that post-it! :laughing-smiley-014:

ceeking

:hysterical::laughing-smiley-014:

I know this was posted over a year ago but I just read it and busted a gut!! This is seriously hysterical!

AuslanGirl

Hey Summer?

I can't remember if you have already left H or not...but, I really reckon you CAN use this again!!! If that's the case...GO FOR IT!!!

Nasty, aren't I???

AuslanGirl :wub:

MorningGlory

Laughing

He did not even call there is something to knowing a persons nature.

This is a real story and yet sad but funny.

Summer Sunshine

Hahahahahhaaaa I forgot all about this until just now, when I saw it. That's seriously awesome.

PeachPapoose

Hahahahahhaaaa I forgot all about this until just now, when I saw it. That's seriously awesome.

And I just saw it now for the first time, after having not been to this group for a long time. LOL! Good one, Summer Sunshine. Did you leave him yet?