• Announcements

• vpc

Our Place Has Moved   09/30/2018

Our Place has moved to a new location:      http://ourplaceonline.freeforums.net/forum  You will need to reregister at the new site as we are unable to transfer any content from here to there.   You will no longer be able to post here after 4th October, but the forum will remain visible until the end of October. If you are having problems registering at the new site, please admin.our.place@gmail.com                                                                                             
Sign in to follow this  
Lorelei

Be Free from Unhealthy Relationships

Lorelei

this link is to the DailyOm, and it looks interesting!

Over 10 years out from my abusive relationship, I'm considering taking this course myself!

I think I'm better at it.

http://www.dailyom.com/cgi-bin/courses/courseoverview.cgi?cid=242&aff=92&ad=2018041125&img=53&utm_medium=social&utm_source=fb&utm_campaign=Be+Free+from+Unhealthy+Relationships-2018-04-11&utm_content=love-Facebook_Desktop_Feed

Quaddie

Hey, you can always give it a go for the $10 and see.

And... Hi Lorelei <waving> ;)  

It's interesting that most of these topics related to relationships, I've experienced intensively in workplaces.  Recent example was the opposite of what this course is about. Basically the workplace expected me to do all the unhealthy behaviors in order to gain their favor.  When I don't, and even sometimes explain why - it's like I'm a demon. I'm the devil to even suggest that it's healthy to not chase others for their approval, to give people space when they're clearly not interested, etc. They hiss, spit at me and take actual actions against me.  The cultural environments like to keep their dynamic and everyone should be willing to engage in those behaviors....   I guess that me as a symbol of "that's not right" is a threat to their comfort.

I actually, just the other day, posted (semi-inappropriately) on a business platform about almost this same topic, lol. I just get so sick of their games and having to suppress myself. It's like up is down, left is right - I get condemned as wrong and ridiculous and ignorant for exercising boundaries and healthy behaviors. I need to be exorcised because, since they're "above me," they view themselves as more knowledgeable about every aspect of life and society, and I'm not allowed to know anything or diverge from their unhealthy games. My bad. 

AZ-home

And I experienced it in friendships. Everyone seems to be drinking the koolaid but me! Am I the only one with boundaries? Am I the only one who sees the toxicity?

Apparently! 

The "friend narcissist" is like a pied piper and everyone follows after her and bends to please her. Why? Why!

Luckily it is easier to leave a friend group than a job. I DID have a VERY toxic and VERY abusive job once when I was just out of college and had little experience on my resume.  And once they got wind that I was applying for other jobs it was game over. But I did get out and move on. I hope you can find a way out Quaddie. Don't give up. 

Sign in to follow this