• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
hoping

What's Happening In My Life

hoping

I finally got to the point where I was ready to leave even though I knew it could be painful and difficult. I told my husband two or three times that I wanted a divorce. The last time he started taking me serious. He promised again to treat me better. Since that time he has been trying very hard to treat me better. I would like to say he has changed his mind about  a lot of things but I can't say that. What I can say is that he decided that if he doesn't treat me better and with more respect I will leave him. I know this is not the best outcome but to me it is a lot better than it was before. It bothers me to think that he may still believe he has the right or a good reason to treat me abusive but it hurt a lot more when he voiced his abuse to me. I think I see one or two things that he is believing different about but I'm not even completely sure about that. Anyway, what I am saying is that I am still in a relationship with him. We now try to walk away when angry or discuss things. Sometimes I choose to walk away and cry and other times I speak my mind. I had almost quit crying when I felt hurt but now I am not afraid if he sees me cry. I feel strong enough to cry and if he still treats me bad I will chalk that up to a strike against him and continue my plans to leave. He apologizes, I apologize when I think I am wrong and we try to talk about how we feel. I have told him how felt about him and his abuse and how I am who I am and that I like me. I am not perfect but I expect respect whether he thinks I deserve it or not.  I still see my friends and go out with them and I do some things with him. I now realize that I am not crazy because I don't agree or understand his perspective of life. Him being confident about his beliefs doesn't make me wrong. He can be confident all he wants, I still believe I am right about a lot of things. Even though I do have obsessive compulsive disorder and bipolar, I have more intuition about how to treat others than he does. I like myself, I accept who I am and I am still working on the things about myself I don't like. I think I'm a pretty good person and I am a lot happier than I have been in a long time. I want to say again thank all of you for your advise and help. You have validated me when I needed it and helped me to feel stronger because I knew you believed like I did about abuse and that there was nothing wrong with me. I felt your support and strength even though you weren't here in person and that helped me too feel stronger because I wasn't alone. Thank you for that. Hugs to you all

My husband and I have been together for around 40 years and until recently and with your help I wasn't strong enough and didn't have the knowledge to get to where I am now. I feel good....

Quaddie
13 hours ago, hoping said:

I am not perfect but I expect respect whether he thinks I deserve it or not.  I still see my friends and go out with them and I do some things with him. I now realize that I am not crazy because I don't agree or understand his perspective of life. Him being confident about his beliefs doesn't make me wrong

That sounds really great, Hoping. I'm glad you feel better.

hoping

Quaddie

Thank you and I hope your life is getting better. Hugs

Over and Out

I sincerely hope this means things will be better for you.  

I love that the people here at Our Place are here for you whether you stay or go.  I know I am happy to be here and support you either way.

Wishing all the best for you.

Bennu

I'm wishing you the best, hoping.

hoping

Over and Out

Thank you so much.

hoping

Bennu

Thank you, I appreciate it.