• Announcements

• vpc

Our Place Has Moved   09/30/2018

Our Place has moved to a new location:      http://ourplaceonline.freeforums.net/forum  You will need to reregister at the new site as we are unable to transfer any content from here to there.   You will no longer be able to post here after 4th October, but the forum will remain visible until the end of October. If you are having problems registering at the new site, please admin.our.place@gmail.com                                                                                             
Sign in to follow this  
Fluffyflea

Hi

Fluffyflea

So anyways last time I posted I told you about the devastating accident my son had and the outcome, the ex trying his hand at Trianguling.

So I cut off contact, sent him back this gas card he'd given me and this gift certificate to a fancy restaurant with I must say a very pleasant note thanking. And then washed my hands of it.

Well this morning in the mail comes back the gift card and the gas card. He didn't even open my envelope just put my envelope into another one with a note to me saying he wasn't opening the envelope and if I don't want the Gas Card I can just cut it up.

WTF? What is that?

Why can't he just accept my boundary and F off?

Its just bait and tackle.

Quaddie

He has to have the last word. What a jerk.

Fluffyflea

Hahahaha f ing control freak.

Fluffyflea

And a hook so he always has an excuse for contact.

Quaddie

Then he can think or say how "great" he is and how "awful" you are for not accepting his largesse. 

Throw it out. The trash has the last word.

Fluffyflea

I know I'm just a terrible person for not accepting his weird twisted abusive psychologically abusive "help".

Fluffyflea

I need time for myself to learn how to live a new normal without my son and never having grandchildren and the whole nine yards. I lost my family in one fell swoop.

What I don't need is the Malignant Narcissist Psychological twisted mind games and I don't need anything that keeps me tied to him in anyway.

Quaddie

No, you don't need that :(

AZ-home

I had to deal with unwanted gifts too. I never even tried to give them back because that is a form of THEM getting attention. Which is what they want. I always gave them away. It made someone else happy. I gave flowers to a lady I knew in a nursing home. Then  I gave flowers to a friend in the hospital. Later I found out she posted a picture of them and a thank you to me on social media.  I hope he saw that. I didn't ask her to do that. So now maybe he knows what I do with his gifts. I also instructed my work  to stop excepting gifts for me from delivery people. 

For Christmas he me sent a wrapped gift via our adult child .  It felt like bait.  Rather than sending it back and making all kinds of drama in front of our child at Christmas,  I set it aside and didn't open it in front of our child.  I'm sure he expected a full report about my reaction but instead he got nothing . 

I would spend the gift card if you need it. Or gift it to someone you think might benefit from it. The more those cards bounce back-and-forth the more attention he is getting.  Don't go for the win.  Starve him for attention instead.

Just my two cents 

Fluffyflea

Good two cents worth.

One of the gift cards is to a fancy restaurant near me that he gave me for a Christmas Present last year just before we broke up so next Friday I'm going out with my family and I'll spend that whole thing so it will be gone.

The other card the Cumberland Farms Gas Card is an ongoing card that he pays so he can see where I am and how often I'm gassing up which seems pretty creepy to me. I don't need it and I don't want it so I'm not going to use it. And he'll know that I'm not using it as it will never show up in his billing.

Its such control and bait and tackle.

AZ-home

An ongoing card that tracks your fueling behavior is SO wrong! They think they are SO smart. Lol!

Fluffyflea

AND tracks my whereabouts.

Bennu

How about giving the card to a friend? Hopefully someone who travels a lot:)

AZ-home

Because he will be reloading it. It's not a gift card with a flat value. Best to snip it. 

Bennu

I think it would be funny for him to be reloading it for some other person. I wonder how many months it would take for him to catch on?

Quaddie

Hahah that would be great. Or better, yet, give it to a charity - one like Meals on Wheels ;)

Fluffyflea

Ha ha ha that would be good. I mean if he wants to help that badly..........

Sign in to follow this