• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  

Summarizing what he said

Oh my.  So he just emailed me and said he had received a parking ticket for the time we went hiking.  Then he said, "as I asked the Lord for an answer, I realized that maybe it was a sign that we were supposed to try again.  I promise that I will wait for you to be ready for the next step to move forward and perhaps we can reconnect."  

Oh that's right.  This from Mr. Religious.  Yikes.

This, after telling me he "couldn't count on me anymore" and pushing me for sex/exclusivity after me telling him no many times. 

I'm not sure I will even answer it.  Maybe I will just tell him I decided to take a break from dating.  

Quaddie

Wait, you're not still dating this guy, right?

No need to answer at all. Block him. Don't tell him anything. Anything you say will be used by him to continue the conversation and for him to try to "overcome your objections." 

Honor yourself and don't subject yourself to someone else's nonsense.

AZ-home
1 hour ago, 6245 said:

Oh my.  So he just emailed me and said he had received a parking ticket for the time we went hiking.  Then he said, "as I asked the Lord for an answer, I realized that maybe it was a sign that we were supposed to try again. 

I consider myself a "religious person" but how do you get that a parking ticket is the Lord's way to telling him you two should try again? That's QUITE a jump. LOL! Pardon me while I laugh! Oh hahahahaha. Awesome example of spiritual abuse. If anything it's some kind of guilt trip that time with you caused him to get a parking ticket. Obviously he broke a parking rule. Ya messed up! Own it dude. 

Keep dodging his bullets. You're instincts are right on. 

3 hours ago, Quaddie said:

Wait, you're not still dating this guy, right?

No need to answer at all. Block him. Don't tell him anything. Anything you say will be used by him to continue the conversation and for him to try to "overcome your objections." 

Honor yourself and don't subject yourself to someone else's nonsense.

No, I told him I felt we had some fundamental incompatibilities about sex (we do).  Then I told him I didn't want an exclusive relationship (he did; I'm datimg others) and he pushed me for one so I ended it.

3 hours ago, AZ-home said:

I consider myself a "religious person" but how do you get that a parking ticket is the Lord's way to telling him you two should try again? That's QUITE a jump. LOL! Pardon me while I laugh! Oh hahahahaha. Awesome example of spiritual abuse. If anything it's some kind of guilt trip that time with you caused him to get a parking ticket. Obviously he broke a parking rule. Ya messed up! Own it dude. 

Keep dodging his bullets. You're instincts are right on. 

Yep.  My ex also used spiritual abuse.  When I asked this guy what time his service was (because we were trying to schedule a date on a Sunday once and he has told me he was religious), he said, and I quote, "Well on Sudays I have spiritual conversations with my singles group."  So heis not IMO nearly as "religious" as he claimed.

He wasn't asking me to pay it.  He missed the payment box.  In his defense, it is hard to find.

Wanted to update this.  I never answered this guy back.  Too many red flags.