Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • vpc

      Our Place Has Moved   09/30/2018

      Our Place has moved to a new location:      http://ourplaceonline.freeforums.net/forum  You will need to reregister at the new site as we are unable to transfer any content from here to there.   You will no longer be able to post here after 4th October, but the forum will remain visible until the end of October. If you are having problems registering at the new site, please admin.our.place@gmail.com                                                                                             
Sign in to follow this  
6245

Summarizing what he said

Recommended Posts

6245

Oh my.  So he just emailed me and said he had received a parking ticket for the time we went hiking.  Then he said, "as I asked the Lord for an answer, I realized that maybe it was a sign that we were supposed to try again.  I promise that I will wait for you to be ready for the next step to move forward and perhaps we can reconnect."  

 

Oh that's right.  This from Mr. Religious.  Yikes.

 

This, after telling me he "couldn't count on me anymore" and pushing me for sex/exclusivity after me telling him no many times. 

 

I'm not sure I will even answer it.  Maybe I will just tell him I decided to take a break from dating.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quaddie

Wait, you're not still dating this guy, right?

No need to answer at all. Block him. Don't tell him anything. Anything you say will be used by him to continue the conversation and for him to try to "overcome your objections." 

Honor yourself and don't subject yourself to someone else's nonsense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AZ-home
1 hour ago, 6245 said:

Oh my.  So he just emailed me and said he had received a parking ticket for the time we went hiking.  Then he said, "as I asked the Lord for an answer, I realized that maybe it was a sign that we were supposed to try again. 

I consider myself a "religious person" but how do you get that a parking ticket is the Lord's way to telling him you two should try again? That's QUITE a jump. LOL! Pardon me while I laugh! Oh hahahahaha. Awesome example of spiritual abuse. If anything it's some kind of guilt trip that time with you caused him to get a parking ticket. Obviously he broke a parking rule. Ya messed up! Own it dude. 

Keep dodging his bullets. You're instincts are right on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6245
3 hours ago, Quaddie said:

Wait, you're not still dating this guy, right?

No need to answer at all. Block him. Don't tell him anything. Anything you say will be used by him to continue the conversation and for him to try to "overcome your objections." 

Honor yourself and don't subject yourself to someone else's nonsense.

 

No, I told him I felt we had some fundamental incompatibilities about sex (we do).  Then I told him I didn't want an exclusive relationship (he did; I'm datimg others) and he pushed me for one so I ended it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6245
3 hours ago, AZ-home said:

I consider myself a "religious person" but how do you get that a parking ticket is the Lord's way to telling him you two should try again? That's QUITE a jump. LOL! Pardon me while I laugh! Oh hahahahaha. Awesome example of spiritual abuse. If anything it's some kind of guilt trip that time with you caused him to get a parking ticket. Obviously he broke a parking rule. Ya messed up! Own it dude. 

Keep dodging his bullets. You're instincts are right on. 

Yep.  My ex also used spiritual abuse.  When I asked this guy what time his service was (because we were trying to schedule a date on a Sunday once and he has told me he was religious), he said, and I quote, "Well on Sudays I have spiritual conversations with my singles group."  So heis not IMO nearly as "religious" as he claimed.

 

He wasn't asking me to pay it.  He missed the payment box.  In his defense, it is hard to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6245

Wanted to update this.  I never answered this guy back.  Too many red flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×