• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
chachacha

Love bomb lies

chachacha

He actually said he would personally seek out Lundy Bancroft, author of 'Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men', and enter into an abuse program with Lundy himself.  Oh what a doozy.  What love bomb lies did your abusers tell you?

AZ-home

When someone generously offered to  pay to send us to a couple's therapy weekend retreat he cried and had a million excuses why he couldn't go. After I filed for divorce, he wanted to go now. By then I knew he was abusive and I knew it was a bad idea to begin with. 

Also, there was a big item that was major point of contention between us. I recommended we sell it to help us progress. He refused. It was not something of his. It was something of both of ours. During the love bomb stage, NOW he was ready to sell it. I stuck to my guns and he kept the item. Of course. It was more precious to him than me. That's why it needed to go. I hope the 2 of them (him and the item) are very happy together. 

Fluffyflea

Mine sent me this absolutely heartbreaking letter with 2,000.00 in checks in it telling me he'd help me and he wanted to help me and if ever there was anything I needed let him know blah blah blah.

And if ever he had to stop he would let me know not stop abruptly. BOO HOO HOO HOO

So I thanked him and cheerfully cashed the checks which went through, then he sent some more which all went through. Now it's the 12th of August and I have yet to hear from him.

AND I WONT BE CONTACTING HIM ABOUT IT!

Vickeee

Mine went on my social media and liked a bunch of my posts and made nice comments. Offered to take me out and spend time with me and the said he called the counselor I'd been asking him to call for months. I ignored it all and broke up with him via txt.

Bonus, I saw his dad while I was on a date the other day. The x had tried really hard to make me feel bad about myself, like telling me that I was not as attractive as the other women he had dated, and that I had gone to schools that weren't as prestigious as his brilliant and hot exes. He even compared me to them sexually. He told me people made comments about how old I was, I was 2 years older than him. Anyways, it felt really good to run into his dad while out with a good looking man. I know this is totally off topic, sorry, it just felt so very good.

Good for you Fluffyflea, that is awesome! 

chachacha

They will say ANYTHING to regain control and EVERYTHING when they can't. 

Melinoe

Wow, with Lundy himself! What an offer you can't refuse *eyeroll*

Mine: We were in a long-distance relationship and I broke up with him right before a scheduled visit. Because I refused to "give him a chance" and fly to see him, he said he would quit his job, immigrate to my country, and devote his life to helping me learn to trust him again. Once upon a time I might have thought that sweet, but when he said that I was totally freaked out by how extreme it was. For a while I was worried he might actually show up!