• Announcements

• vpc

Our Place Has Moved   09/30/2018

Our Place has moved to a new location:      http://ourplaceonline.freeforums.net/forum  You will need to reregister at the new site as we are unable to transfer any content from here to there.   You will no longer be able to post here after 4th October, but the forum will remain visible until the end of October. If you are having problems registering at the new site, please admin.our.place@gmail.com                                                                                             
Sign in to follow this  
MyThoughtsMatterToo

Sign it's Time to Move On

MyThoughtsMatterToo

When you keep fantasizing about having your own place --- even though you can't afford your own place so the only possibility any time soon will be tiny and barren...  when even sleeping on the floor sounds better,  

It's time to figure out an exit plan.  
That will work for myself and our 3 children, hence why it's taken so long to get to this point...  

He's not completely horrible, like some of you have in your lives, (another reason why it's taken me so long to get to this point) but I'm realizing I feel small around him because I have to continually stick up for myself; pointing out his double-standards, and his mis-interpretations of my actual words.  And sticking up for what I LIKE, that I'm not boring because I like different things, or WRONG because my core values are different.
Tired of the CONSTANT "jokes" and expectations in regards to sex.  "I give you everything you want..." /so you should want to "please" me..."   oh yes.  obligation is a wonderful "turn on"...  

and so here I am, 50, and about to start over, completely...  <sigh>

Pretty surreal.

Bennu

If it makes you feel better, there are many on this site including me who did it older.

You can do it. We are here to encourage.

clurichaun

It's not about who has it worse, that sounds pretty awful. And starting over is scary but can be wonderful. You can do it! It sounds like the manner of the verbal attacks are subtle enough to make you doubt your feelings and question whether it's really that bad. And that doubting yourself is something that can linger long term. Obligations...ugh I totally understand. You need to find someone who brings you joy and that someone can be you!