• Announcements

• vpc

Our Place Has Moved   09/30/2018

Our Place has moved to a new location:      http://ourplaceonline.freeforums.net/forum  You will need to reregister at the new site as we are unable to transfer any content from here to there.   You will no longer be able to post here after 4th October, but the forum will remain visible until the end of October. If you are having problems registering at the new site, please admin.our.place@gmail.com                                                                                             
Sign in to follow this  
hoping

Aggarvated at things he says

hoping

He says, "Why don't you get the mail, while you're not doing anything."  He could say, "Will you get the mail?"

I need to fix your kitchen floor. It's his too

Your daughter did this or that. She is his daughter too

These things he says really aggravate me and get under my skin.

I don't know if he is joking or being abusive. I don't like it either way, but then I wonder if I am taking his statements too serious.

I get so sick of it. I am so sick of his jokes or whatever they are.

Bennu

They aren't jokes. It's abuse. That's why you are sick of it. You deserve better treatment.

hoping

Bennu

Thank you so much for replying. It is so difficult for me to know sometimes. Hugs

I read an article awhile ago that also reminded me of another thing he has said. "You don't know how lucky you are to have me."  I'm also feeling sad and afraid. I am not sure what is wrong with me. If my depression doesn't get better I'm going to see a counselor and someone about my medication. I think that some of the fear could be from watching videos or reading articles that remind me of him. I also feel fearful and sad when I seriously think about leaving.

Quaddie

Would it help to know that it is normal to feel fearful and sad when you think about leaving? 

(But those feelings don't mean it would be wrong to leave, however.)

hoping

Quaddie

Yes, it does help. Thank you

Sign in to follow this