• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Whitmans

Analogy of My Life

Whitmans

You are the tectonic plates: large, strong plates slowly moving in opposing directions supporting the weight of the world. You are the foundation, the ground for me: the busy city above.

I am the city. I represent the people, the family, the home. I am so busy repetitiously completing the mundane tasks to allow the people to wake in the morning and rest peacefully at night. The people know they are safe because of all that I do. They have comfortable, neat, inviting homes, delicious meals to eat, and safety from my wing. I am also always adapting to the changes of the people. People grow and mature. Therefore, the needs of my city are ever evolving. I depend only on my foundation to keep me grounded. That is all that I need to keep my city happy and at peace.

When the pressure of your grinding plates become too much to bear, you snap. The force is so great, so strong, and so sudden. You are instantaneously relieved. The pressure has vanished. You continue your daily grind to support my city for some time to come.

Above ground lies my city in the wake of your quake. We are reduced to rubble. People are crying and distraught. Our homes have crumbled, our safety is gone, and our entire world as we knew it has turned upside down. Some have even died. However, we are a unity. We must rebuild and we will. It will take months to become a functioning city again and just as long to feel safe once again.

Our city will always be wary of our foundation from this point forth. The ground had become unpredictable. Our city is built on an active fault line. Your quakes may only happen intermittently, but when the time comes, your quakes are completely devastating. The city will only be willing to rebuild so many times before the people abandon this city to seek refuge elsewhere.

You are my earthquake. I am desperately seeking stable ground.

clurichaun

This is so perfect and beautiful. This is such incredible imagery. I hope you can rebuild on sturdier ground without any major casualties.

Bennu

I wonder sometimes why people rebuild their houses in disaster zones where they will surely be hit again. Isn't that what you are doing? Isn't it time to go to the effort to rebuild somewhere else?

tendrils

So profound and felt .

I relate to every insightfully expressed word you have conveyed .

I send you continued courage ,faith in yourself and hope .

Whitmans

Thank you everyone. To answer your question, Bennu, yes it is my time to rebuild somewhere else. Seven more days....

Bennu

Awesome. Best wishes. Feel free to post as you go through the process. I was hit with doubts, panic attacks, loneliness, etc.