• Announcements

• vpc

Our Place Has Moved   09/30/2018

Our Place has moved to a new location:      http://ourplaceonline.freeforums.net/forum  You will need to reregister at the new site as we are unable to transfer any content from here to there.   You will no longer be able to post here after 4th October, but the forum will remain visible until the end of October. If you are having problems registering at the new site, please admin.our.place@gmail.com                                                                                             
Sign in to follow this  
Ann1981

Question

Ann1981

Hi,

I am writing a novel kinda based on the emotional abuse that I went through and was wondering if anyone could tell me if a psychiatrist would recommend that you leave an abuser or would that be a decision that you would have to come to on your own.

Bennu

I think it depends on the psychiatrist.

hoping

Ann 1981 The counselor I went to years ago said she would be interested in seeing how I would do separated from my husband.

She left it up to me to decide.

I went to a psychiatrist to be evaluated and diagnosed and sometimes for counseling because my insurance company

expected it. I also went to a center for counseling and after seeing a therapist two or three times they ask me to see a

psychiatrist to be evaluated and then after every three months or sooner to evaluate my mental status and if my

medication was working well. I talked to them about my husband, but don't think at that time I knew it was abuse. I had

other problems I also saw them for. I think sometimes the abuse made my problems worse.

Ann1981

Thank you very much for the information hoping.