• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
hollygolightly

Quotes and Copy/Paste

hollygolightly

Hi,

I seem to be having trouble with using the quote feature. I will click to quote someone but it won't upload to my reply, and I am unable to copy and paste a quote manually?

Thanks

Changing2013

I am also having the same trouble!!

percolate

Hi,

I seem to be having trouble with using the quote feature. I will click to quote someone but it won't upload to my reply, and I am unable to copy and paste a quote manually?

Thanks

Interesting...I just clicked the quote button, typed this sentence, and then hit post. And it looks like everything is working correctly.

Can you tell what you were doing when you tried to quote someone?

hollygolightly

When I used the quote feature I simply hit the quote button, it would look like it was uploading and then nothing would appear in my reply box, and the same thing would happen with copy and paste.

I had my techie spouse look at what I was doing this morning and how the quote features worked and he said: "It looks like the problem is just with IE11. When using IE11, and 'MultiQuote' or 'Quote' is clicked in a discussion, a new reply box is opened but the the text of the quoted post isn't copied into it. A manual copy/paste using the reply editor's tools also doesn't work in IE11. The quote and copy/paste features appear to work correctly when using Chrome or Firefox."

So I've switched to the chrome browser at his suggestion and it seems to be fine now, Changing2013 were you using the internet explorer as well? I guess there is a possibility that the new version of internet explorer is the problem and not some of the older versions so it might only affects only E-11 users.

bounce

Thanks for this Hollygolightly, I've recently switched to IE11 and am having the same issue. I'll try a different browser.

Bounce :cheeky-smiley-005:

b4ugo

I am guessing you have to retype the sentence you want, it won't let you copy/paste?

Echo

I have noticed I can't copy/paste into this forum either thought it does copy and I can paste it other places. It makes it hard if I want to share a story or link that might help. I'm not sure why it seems to not work here. Is it disabled on purpose?