• Announcements

• vpc

Our Place Has Moved   09/30/2018

Our Place has moved to a new location:      http://ourplaceonline.freeforums.net/forum  You will need to reregister at the new site as we are unable to transfer any content from here to there.   You will no longer be able to post here after 4th October, but the forum will remain visible until the end of October. If you are having problems registering at the new site, please admin.our.place@gmail.com                                                                                             
Sign in to follow this  
Changing2013

Danger assessment

Changing2013

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post. I tried to access the danger assessment in the resource but the links didn't work. Not sure if its my computer though. Any other links? Thanks.

percolate

I don't know why the link isn't working, but here is a copy of the scale.

DANGER ASSESSMENT
Jacquelyn C. Campbell, Ph.D., R.N.
Copyright, 2003; www.dangerassessment.com

Several risk factors have been associated with increased risk of homicides (murders) of
women and men in violent relationships. We cannot predict what will happen in your case, but we
would like you to be aware of the danger of homicide in situations of abuse and for you to see how
many of the risk factors apply to your situation.

Using the calendar, please mark the approximate dates during the past year when you were
abused by your partner or ex partner. Write on that date how bad the incident was according to the
following scale:

1. Slapping, pushing; no injuries and/or lasting pain
2. Punching, kicking; bruises, cuts, and/or continuing pain
3. "Beating up"; severe contusions, burns, broken bones
4. Threat to use weapon; head injury, internal injury, permanent injury
5. Use of weapon; wounds from weapon
(If any of the descriptions for the higher number apply, use the higher number.)

Mark Yes or No for each of the following. ("He" refers to your husband, partner, ex-husband, expartner,
or whoever is currently physically hurting you.)
____ 1. Has the physical violence increased in severity or frequency over the past year?
____ 2. Does he own a gun?
____ 3. Have you left him after living together during the past year?
3a. (If have never lived with him, check here___)
____ 4. Is he unemployed?
____ 5. Has he ever used a weapon against you or threatened you with a lethal weapon?
(If yes, was the weapon a gun?____)
____ 6. Does he threaten to kill you?
____ 7. Has he avoided being arrested for domestic violence?
____ 8. Do you have a child that is not his?
____ 9. Has he ever forced you to have sex when you did not wish to do so?
____ 10. Does he ever try to choke you?
____ 11. Does he use illegal drugs? By drugs, I mean "uppers" or amphetamines, “meth”, speed,
angel dust, cocaine, "crack", street drugs or mixtures.
____ 12. Is he an alcoholic or problem drinker?
____ 13. Does he control most or all of your daily activities? For instance: does he tell you who
you can be friends with, when you can see your family, how much money you can use,
or when you can take the car? (If he tries, but you do not let him, check here: ____)
____ 14. Is he violently and constantly jealous of you? (For instance, does he say "If I can't have
you, no one can.")
____ 15. Have you ever been beaten by him while you were pregnant? (If you have never been
pregnant by him, check here: ____)
____ 16. Has he ever threatened or tried to commit suicide?
____ 17. Does he threaten to harm your children?
____ 18. Do you believe he is capable of killing you?
____ 19. Does he follow or spy on you, leave threatening notes or messages, destroy your
property, or call you when you don’t want him to?
_____ 20. Have you ever threatened or tried to commit suicide?
_____ Total "Yes" Answers
Thank you. Please talk to your nurse, advocate or counselor about what the Danger
Assessment means in terms of your situation.