6 replies to this topic

#1 app

app

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:12 PM

I'm sure some of you remember my work at home thread over on the other place.

Within the last 2 months they asked me to be dedicated to the Anxiety and Depression line! happydance.gif The funny part is GOSH I wonder where the empathy for others came from! hysterical.gif I'm sure you guys see the commericals - Midwest Center. DARN hard calls to do! You need to ask some probing questions, and at times people will tell me about sucide attempts, start crying, threaten to kill themselves.......OUCH! Most of them are just everyday joes, and YES I have had some survivors of domestic violence as well. I guess I rate little under the top 10% on the line. The deal is I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS LINE! They can be intimidating as all get OUT! I went on some conference calls with other agents that have been doing this for over a year, and AAD clinic sent me my own package for me try. Its a good program I must say! I just wanted to be comfortable with taking these calls since they promoted me to Sales Pro Candidate. It is one of the calls you may be taking. You have to take 25 calls before they rate you, and I wasn't anywhere NEAR comfortable with them after even 25 calls. I mean these are HARD calls, and I can only handle about 1.5 hours and I need a mental break - seriously! These people break your heart! Before I knew it BAM - they sent a message saying they wish me to sign up just to do dedicated work JUST for that company alone. They were willing to pay for it, but GESH I barely got my feet wet! People were begging to do this, and here I am afraid of the calls....lol and they dedicate me!? It made no sense. WELL I have pushed my assertive training once again, and I'm now getting very comfortable with them. I can even get the paranoid or really upset ones calmed down now. Those conference calls are a life saver! If it wasn't the older agents telling me to share some of my own history with depression, anxiety...and some of my own father's - I doubt I would have made it.

Yesterday I get a another note. THey have asked me to the Sales Pro Pool of liveops. Its like you were asked to an elite line. You are one of the better agents, and the clients are very pleased with you. They told me I do really well at the soft sell items. Its normally those you see on TV where its the trial free to try them out, and you get the actually price on the phone call? lol the ones I don't do so well on are the ones I just don't GET at all! Tons of our agents have the Instyler for example, and they LOVE IT! I will say I like that one also! Some of the other stuff - I don't see the value and don't do well sellng them! LOL! Talk about picky product people (the agents) - its good to know! I guess if I bring my stats up just a bit more the client has offered to send me my own instyler. Some people HATE soft sell products, but to be really honest? They don't bother me at all! I do giggle at people that wish this out of this world exercise device, and think it is only $14.99! I giggle at them and say do you seriously want to exercise on something that cheap? LOL HEck I'd break it and break my neck knowing my luck! laughter.gif

Kodak enjoyed me and sent me my own printer! WOO HOO! Its SWEET!

Its been about a year and half, and I will say if you stick with it - and just DO IT there is room for upward jobs and more money! I still get the base pay of .25 per minute, but if I sell the product I get what they call POPS! Well okay now BIGGER POPS! You can get pops without being sales pro, but they offered larger ones if you are invited. I was sent a note this week begging me to do more Anxiety and Depression calls, and they were offering me $9.00 plus my talk time. Can we say th_panicbutton.gif for client or something? LOL! Not sure where that came from! It could be my scores - I have no idea. I know they love our agents! Its a really good product, and we do have people calling back for extras for family members. They have done this for over 20 years, and I guess people feel they are doing something right! Its not a cheap program, but they will work the payments out if to high for people. NOT on the call with me, but you can call the billing department afterwards.

Check out the work at home thread guys! Liveops is the company I contract with. Need some extra dough on the side, or if you just need a job period! Work as little or as much as you wish.........24/7!

WOO HOO I'm SALES PRO! PartyFavor0.gif

#2 miki

miki

Advanced Member

• Member + c
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

Wow, that's wonderful news, app! I'm so impressed! I would never be able to attempt what you are doing, because I am afraid to speak to people on the phone. The depression hotline sounds so difficult to deal with; you are a lifesaver. wub.gif

#3 dearwatson

dearwatson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:21 AM

Hi App,

Of COURSE you got promoted!! They need awesome people like you. You understand the difficulty and hopelessness of being a person that has endured abuse. That is how you find the strength and compassion within yourself to push beyond your own discomfort and really help people who need it. Their conversations with you may save them from hurting or actually killing themselves.

What a gift you have!!

Wattie

#4 app

app

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:02 PM

Thanks guys!

#5 bryanna325

bryanna325

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:43 PM

Great job!
I used to manage a call center. Answering calls, and doing it well, is a tough job.
(My staff never let me answer calls for fear that I would ruin their stats.)

#6 app

app

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

It can be hairy at times, but aren't most jobs? Some calls are better than others, but I find that most people are generally pretty cool.

I am MY boss in this case. If they get ruined I did it myself! rolleyes.gif Teehee! I get to kick my own behind when that happens! chair.gif

I have heard about 'call centers', and I remember working for a credit call center for Montgomery Wards when I was in college. Talk about nerve racking! th_panicbutton.gif

#7 Kiboo

Kiboo

Advanced Member

• Member + c
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

party-smiley-032.gif

Congratulations APP!!!

...You should be so proud of yourself...I have trouble answering my own phone,I don't know how you do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users