• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Curly

Hug Bank

166 posts in this topic

Found Our Place yesterday and have read so many posts here. I'm warmed by the strength of you all to share when feeling vulnerable and in pain. But mostly, I'm encouraged by the commitment to heal and the safe community you've all created. :nature-smiley-008: Just a little weepy here to say I'm so glad I've found you.

((((((((((((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))))))))))

to you all !!!!!!!!!!!!

:ty:

Belated hugs to you seeker! ((((((seeker)))))) sorry you were feeling bad, I hope you are feeling better, but belated hugs to you anyway.

whisker

I'm sorry, but I'm really not so good, and needing some hugs.

I'm sorry, I'haven't visited the hug bank to offer hugs to anyone else lately and sorry that I'm here, needy.

I'm sorry.

I've tried ringing family to talk, tried ringing some friends, and no luck.

It's a saturday night, I'm sorry, and I'm alone, the kids are at his. I have my kitten, and my dog Nougat, and Kitkat our big fluffy black cat (but not affectionate) and the three fighter fish!

and Harry Potter!

and vodka, cranberry juice and ginger beer.

:(

Okay, let me try this again, I accidentally posted my woes and request for hugs to the main area when I meant to post here. I am having an emotional day, the first day back to work since my recent break up, and I keep crying at my desk. The guy, I'll call him sl, works near by and we spent every free moment together down here. Anyway, it feels good to let it out, but why does that have to happen at work?!

Thanks for accepting me to Our Place! :ty: I don't know many of you yet, but I want to extend a BIG HUG to my NEW friends! :grouphugg:

I found this:

There is a saying by Virginia Satir, a respected family therapist, "We need four hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth."

Here's 100 to each of you from me. For survival, maintenance and growth. And some for the bank. :)

(((((((((((((((((((((Dawnofperfectday))))))))))))))))))))

I think that quote makes a lot of sense although I suspect most of us don't come close to getting enough hugs.

If hug bank counts then I am going to college! WEE!!!

This is a fantastic idea! I'm hugging EVERYONE....*giant group hug* :grouphugg:

I'm here in total stealth mode, so if/when I find a way to stash some hug images online, I will return and upload them to this wonderful hug bank.

Thank you for this, I love it! Hope everyone is doing well. If not, jump on into the giant group hug!

Needing these hugs today, it has been a poor pity me kind of day, will reimburse when my bank feels a bit less empty.

((((((((((ciceromom)))))))))) Hope you feel better soon.

:hug005:

:grouphugg:Hugs to everyone on this site today.

Needing some hugs, but also sharing them. :hug::2::ringa:

Hugs everyone.  I know this is a difficult time for a lot of us. <3

Hugs to you chachacha and anyone who needs them.  :hug008: