• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Curly

Hug Bank

168 posts in this topic

You guys are just the best! I just read these. I wish there were words...but I guess there's really not. :) I always try and explain it but always am at a loss.

I am just so thankful for all of you and this place.

((((((HUGS))))))) to all of my OP friends. Love yas. :wub:

Okay, I give. I need some hugs. Badly.

I've been fighting this for days, crying way too much.

I have one friend IRL. And I suspect I'll be pulling away from her. My stepmother, the only relative I'm in touch with right now, continues to insult me through my daughter. She was physically and verbally abusive when I was a child under her care, but I thought she'd gotten better -- well, actually, this is better. Sadly.

It's nearly a year since the divorce was final. Haven't dated. There's been only one guy I was sort of interested in during that time, and yesterday it was pretty clear he's not interested in me. I think he probably wasn't really the guy for me -- just because a guy's attractive doesn't mean he's relationship material -- but it still hurts.

I cling to message boards for human interaction because people scare the bejeebers out of me in real life. Problem is, sometimes I feel just as invisible there as I do in the flesh. I've been on boards for years now, so I understand the ebb and flow of posting and that it's rarely personal in whether there's a lot of response or none, but when I'm feeling like this it just adds to the pain. (Our Place is always so supportive.)

Anyway...miserable week. I wish someone would just show up out of the blue, give me a hug around the shoulders, and tell me to just hang in there, because it's going to be all right. That someday I'll have great friends around me, and that I'll be a great friend to them. I'll have a guy who's genuinely happy to be with me, who never yells at me or tries to be The Master but just wants to be by my side because he loves being with me. And me with him.

I keep clinging to that vision but right now it seems way too far away. I'm not sure it's ever going to happen.

I don't want the only people at my funeral to be my kids and the minister. (The guy with the little backhoe thingie doesn't count. No offense to him.) So. Tonight I'll write that email I owe an old friend of mine (okay, I have two friends...see, things are looking up already, I guess).

I'll get -- and send -- sympathy cards to my ex-in-laws (my ex-mother-in-law died a few weeks ago). I've been putting that off for too long.

I'll write some other emails I owe. And write that family newsletter I've been putting off -- and send it to the family members I've lost touch with over the years.

And...I've written way more than I meant to. But it'll be a list for me to come back and do, so I don't keep putting this stuff off.

Thank you for the hugs from the hug bank. I feel better. :grouphugg::wub:

I cling to message boards for human interaction because people scare the bejeebers out of me in real life. Problem is, sometimes I feel just as invisible there as I do in the flesh.

I sometimes do much the same thing. I'm only now beginning to interact more with family members again. Sending the occasional newsy email, even once in a while a phone call. I hate phone calls though.

If you lived close, I'd be happy to come give you some real life hugs, especially if I could get some in return. It's so hard when it feels like the IRL people around you just don't have a clue.

Here's a few more cyber hugs just for you.

:wub::hug::hug::hug::2::2::2::hug005::hug005::hug008:

((((((((Rocket)))))))) :hug005::hug008:

I would happily spare you a real hug or two if I were closer.

Sadly I think quite a few of us do feel quite isolated for a while. It has taken me quite a while to get back out there with people but I am getting there. I think you will too. Maybe exploring some new interest could be a good way to broaden your horizons and your contacts.

((((((homealone)))))))

((((((Curly))))))

Sorry for taking so long to get back here -- my computer died. Took a few days to get everything back to rights (had to replace the surge protector, too, as it turned out).

I wish you guys lived closer, too. :wub::grouphugg::grouphugg::hug::hug:

Thank you so much for the hugs. :wub::wub: :wub:

free hugs

:laughing-smiley-014::laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-

:nature-smiley-008: :nature-smiley-008: :nature-smiley-008: :nature-smiley-008: :nature-smiley-008: :nature-smiley-008: :nature-smiley-008: :nature-smiley-008: :nature-smiley-008: :nature-smiley-008:

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:

:wub: :wub:

:hug008: :hug008:

Just thinking that no one has deposited for a while so maybe hug supplies are dwindling.

hugs1.jpghugs2.jpgkoalahugs.jpg

To anyone who is hurting I am sending warm koala hugs.

Hugs help you grow big and strong...

Here's "PROOF"... :laughing2-smiley-008:

BabySimba.jpgbigkitteh1.jpg

Same girl, same kitteh...

Lily

Love it Lily. Definitely more of an armful now. :D

:chair: *sigh*

I'm just going to sit in the corner over here for a while. :raincloud:

And I'll leave some hugs in place of the ones I needed.:nature-smiley-001:

:2::hug::hug::hug::grouphugg::grouphugg::hug005::hug008::hug008:

Also: coffee. Because coffee helps, too. ;)

:food-smiley-010:

(((((((((((((((((((((((((ROCKET))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

i could use a few myself................

MG :(

:hug: ((((((ROCKET)))))) :hug:

:hug: ((((((((MG)))))))) :hug:

:grouphugg: :grouphugg: :grouphugg:

Lily

((((((((((Rocket and MG)))))))))))) :grouphugg:

i could use a few myself................

MG :(

:hug::hug008::hug005:

Thank you so much for the huge hug! I hope you feel better, hon. :nature-smiley-008:

And thank you so much for the hugs, Lily and Curly! It's very much appreciated!

:hug008::grouphugg::happydance:

Craving some hugs right now :sad-smiley-019:

Depositing some loving hugs for all as well

:hug008: :hug008: :hug008: :hug008:

(((((((Chloe))))))) :nature-smiley-008::hug::hug::hug:

(((((((Chloe))))))) :nature-smiley-008::hug::hug::hug:

((((((((((((((((((((((((CHLOE))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

HUGS needed please.............this has been a LOOOOOOOOOONG week........ :raincloud:

MG

For Chloe:

Kitty-Hugs-being-nice-133512_375_500.jpg

For MG:

1_kitty_hug.jpg

For ANYONE:

kitty_hugs_toy.jpg

:hug008::hug008::hug008::hug008::hug008:

Thank-you sweet Lily :hug:

HUGS needed please.............this has been a LOOOOOOOOOONG week........ :raincloud:

MG

((((((((((MG)))))))))))) How are you doing? :hug:

((((((Chloe)))))) :)

Desperately needing a hug.

PMS, PTSD, fighting for victim's rights and lots of triggers.

Ohm Ohm Ohm

A few more ohms and I'll be laughing right?

(((((((((((((V)))))))))))

My sister...

hug.jpg

Lily

Thank you :wub:

That hug meant the world.

Hugs from me V.

You know you can always give a yell if talking will help.

:hug008:

*gives vpc a big squeeze* :hug: