• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
vegitossjblue

need advice

2 posts in this topic

hello i am 15 and dont want to live with my mom anymore.shes abusive at times and yesterday hit me because her boyfriend didnt answer his phone so she took it out on me and my siblings. I have been thinking about this for a year now and I can not decide. I also despise my moms boyfriend as he tires to be my dad and run my life.but it doesnt stem from him. she first started to abuse me when i was 4 by placing cereal under my knees and hitting me every time i crushed one,I didnt know what abuse was so i thought it was normal.then when i was 11 she tried to kill me on 2 occasions,the first being because i ate her candy and didnt tell the truth so she started choking me and banging my head on the floor till i said i ate it.the second time she came at me with a knife and i saved my self with a pillow.when i was 14 she took my phone and i snook on it,after she found this out she shattered my phone and started punching me and hitting me with a pan,she shattered my elbow and refused to take me to the hospital.she abuses my sister by slapping her over petty things.everytime we argue she mentions that shes all i have and know one cares about me.i do have a aunt but she proves herself time and time again not reliable.now im at a stalemate because i want to tell but i dont want to see my siblings or myself in foster care, At the same time dont want to put up with this anymore,what do i do?

I'm sorry to hear that you and your siblings are being abused. Yes, she is very abusive and sounds dangerous. I would check and see at what age you can chose to be on your own. Is there anyone that would be safe and willing to let you and your siblings live with them. Maybe you could call a hot line and ask them questions without them knowing who you are. There may be others on this site that can give you a lot more information and I am hoping they will see this and reply.