• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Confused714

Mind going in circles

8 posts in this topic

I feel like my mind is going in circles. I know I have been posting a lot. I am just so confused right now. It's like one minute I'm sure I know what I want to do and the next I'm not. I feel like tug of war is going on in my brain. When he is being nice I'm like how could I ever go. How could I break up the family. Then when he gets angry and yells it reminds me. I get all the bad feelings. I am meeting with a lawyer Monday which I'm sure has me super freaked.  I have emergency stuff already at someone's house so I am ready if the time comes that I get brave enough. Is this how everyone felt near the end? Was it a constant struggle?  

It's normal. You are taking a big step.

Definitely normal. I was exhausted near the end from all that. 

On 8/11/2017 at 8:51 AM, Confused714 said:

I feel like my mind is going in circles. I know I have been posting a lot. I am just so confused right now. It's like one minute I'm sure I know what I want to do and the next I'm not. I feel like tug of war is going on in my brain. When he is being nice I'm like how could I ever go. How could I break up the family. Then when he gets angry and yells it reminds me. I get all the bad feelings. I am meeting with a lawyer Monday which I'm sure has me super freaked.  I have emergency stuff already at someone's house so I am ready if the time comes that I get brave enough. Is this how everyone felt near the end? Was it a constant struggle?  

This is normal.. I've been going thru the same thing for months now. Just keep pushing and reading and watching YouTube whatever you have to do. 

FWIW, I think it's normal for any big decision. I've been doing the same for a job change (leaving primarily because it's somewhat abusive, so it parallels). 

This is exactly what I'm feeling like right now.  And it is exhausting.  I feel like I must be a spoiled brat, that he does so much and is so good.  And then I glimpse back into "the deep" and I know what's really down there, and I know it's going to all come spewing out again, and I know I have to leave.  I have the family court lawyer appointment soon, and I'm trying to find a criminal lawyer who practices in federal court to discuss the FBI crap with, but so far I can't find one.  

It's normal. You can do it. I did.