• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chelsi

Hi. Recent victim of abuse

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, a week ago I was a victim of domestic violence. It's been very hard for me to get through. I have no family near me only the abusers family. I'm trying to get out of the apartment we share before the end of the month. I can't live here any more.

I'm looking for any help possible. Hoping for a brighter future for my daughter and I. Thank you 

Edited by Curly

Hi Chelsi, I am sorry you are going through a hard time alone. You are more than welcome to seek advice and emotional support here on Our Place but this is not the place for you to make appeals for money. Most of the people here are in similar situations so we do not allow requests for financial assistance. I am deleting that part of your post.

I wish you well and hope that you and your daughter are able to leave safely. I think it would be a good idea to get in touch with your local domestic violence services to see if they can offer you any help or advice. 

chelsie

Welcome to our place.

Chelsi.............yes, please reach out to local DV centers in your area, your local church......anyone you can think of.  

You are wise to try to get out and to make a better life for yourself and daughter.