• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fluffyflea

When the Trust is gone there is no point.

5 posts in this topic

I should have left 2.5 years ago when he blew my trust.

He was such a liar about everything.

How is it possible to forgive?

Oh, man....forgiveness is a process. Just start trying, and keep trying. My past year has been a journey of forgiveness of many dear ones who should have supported me in my difficult time and did not. I'm getting there. I try to have an "attitude of forgiveness" but it comes in waves and I feel different from one day to the next. It's like 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. But when I look back at six months ago, I can see progress.

I still need to forgive my ex but that's a bigger project. I'm one + year from the divorce and still working on it. 

Good luck.

I mean I have a part in it too, when he was going behind my back and trying to sleep with someone else and I found out through her, I should have left then. But I disregarded myself and stayed.

So of course he figured he could just do anything and have less respect for me and I had way less respect for me.

Forgive yourself first. It's ok. We all make mistakes. We did the best we could in difficult circumstances. 

Also a barrage of YouTube speakers got me through this process faster. Start with Trent Shelton or Thrive After Abuse.