• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fluffyflea

Crap hit the fan

9 posts in this topic

So Hi All,

The crap hit the fan last night.

Abuser got angry and frustrated over a DVD that wasn't working properly and then turned to take it out on me.

He told me to leave (I was at his house) I told him that sounded like a good idea as he was being Psycho so I was getting my stuff together and then he told me he never wanted me to go back there again as he wasn't getting anything out of the relationship. I said okay and pulled a brand new heavy black garbage bag out of where I kept my stuff and unrolled it in front of him. The look on his face was priceless. So I packed, stayed super calm and then he screeches out Give Me My Gas Card Back!! So I said Okay and got it out of my wallet then I found a check he gave me and I ripped that up and threw it at him. The look on his face was priceless. 

Then when I was packed I said "Good over reaction,time to call your sponsor." Then I said Do me a favour, when you see me don't talk to me."

And I was carrYIng my stuff he screeches "Shut the Door." Like, Really????

So I left came home blocked him off my cell phone, blocked him off gmail,turned off my house phones and shut down my twitter account and mailed his house keys back. Going to NO CONTACT!

Fluffyflea

Good for you! I wish you the best life ahead! You are a strong person.

Good for you! Now make sure to be extra kind to yourself. You did a hard thing. The adrenaline might wear off and leave you with mixed emotions. Remember how this felt. Remember how he treated you. You deserve better.

It's so funny how he HAD to have the last word, isn't it? "Shut the door!" Lame, huh...lol

Yeah, do some good journaling now. Then when you are missing him, you will have something to read.

Great reactions from you. Great to read this too. Happy for ya, wish you well

For right now the memory of him screeching at me to close the door on my way out is enough to keep me going for awhile.

Anyways the good thing is last Saturday we out for supper with a couple of friends and my friend saw the the way he gets verbally abusive and angry ? with people who don't agree with him.

Fluffyflea,

You handled that perfectly! I love it! Good job! I am just crossing the one year mark of no contact and it gets better and better. It is the ONLY way to get his words out of your head. 

It's really good validation and reality check that your friend witnessed that. 

So I get some news this morning that I would normally share with him so I shared it with someone else to get the impulse out of my body to call him.

i did put a bag of odds and ends out on the front porch of his but won't be contacting him about it.