• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Naiomi

Verbal Abuse: Diary of an Abusive Marriage

5 posts in this topic

Hi all

Well it has been a while, six years to be exact since I posted on this forum and other forums.  My original nickname was Maddie.

Four years ago I finally left my abusive husband and during my ten year marriage I kept a private diary detailing the abuse, to validate my feelings and to use for legal reasons, if necessary.

Roll on to now and I decided to write a book based upon my diary, plus give some advice on how to recognise and deal with verbal abuse:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N0TUGD6 (UK)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0TUGD6 (US)

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01N0TUGD6 (AU)

(amend your country accordingly)

Here is some more information about my book (Emily is a pseudonym, by the way):-

In this unique and inspirational book, author Emily Hayworth kept a personal diary during her ten year abusive marriage. Translating her diary into a book, the author has listed in detail her experiences and emotions ranging from happiness, confusion and almost madness as she journeys through the roller coaster that is verbal abuse.

If you think you may be in an abusive relationship, then this is written especially for you. During the last chapter, Emily lists the different types of abuse that can occur in a relationship and gives examples from her diary, helping you to clearly identify what may be happening in your life and clearly validate your feelings.

About the Author:-

With nearly ten years experience of personally experiencing abuse, intense study and contributing to various forums, Emily Hayworth has a deep understanding of relationship abuse. She made a decision to write this book to help others understand abuse from a personal point of view.

It was very hard to write and brought back many memories that I had buried but I wanted to share it because the thing I wanted the most during that time was validation.  I wanted to know that I wasn't going mad and that the awful gut wrenching pain I felt was real and not exaggerated in my own mind.

I hope you get a chance to read it - download it whilst it is free!

I put a link to the Our Place forum in the self help section at the end of the book :-)

I'm happy to also send you a copy if you cannot afford it.  Just PM me.

Love Naiomi aka Maddie 

Thank you! I couldn't get it because I'm not in the U.K. Is there a way to link a PDF?

Hi Bennu

The book is available world wide, assuming you are in the US, here is the link:-

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0TUGD6

I believe when you click on the link, if you are in a different country, you should get prompted to redirect to your own region on the right hand side.

Best wishes

Naiomi :-)

Thank you for adding the US link above. When I clicked before I got redirected back here.

Good news!

Each sale of this book donates 25 pence to Our Place :-)

Naiomi