• Announcements

• Curly

Replying to PMs

Please note that you can not reply to a personal message by replying to the notification email. Recently admins have received some email responses to personal messages. This is because some members have replied to the notification email. You can not reply to a personal message via the email. What replying to the notification email does is send a copy of the original message and the reply to the admin email address. It does not send your reply to the person who sent you the message. The email notification of the personal message does request "PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!"
    • Curly

New Members and validating your account.

New members registering please do not hesitate to contact our admin if you do not see a validation email within a few minutes of registering. Yahoo and some other email addresses tend to block the validation email and without this part of the process your account remains in limbo. Our admins are more than happy to help you complete the validation process should this automated system fail. We can be contacted via admin.our.place@gmail.com Please note that you may experience a delay between registering your account and validating before you are able to post as we do also manually process all registrations to keep this forum free of spam. Your account should be activated within 24 hours of you completing the validation process. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vicky

Dateline Episode - Abuse and Marital Rape

4 posts in this topic

Just watched this episode online from Dateline titled "Behind Closed Doors" not sure how long the links will stay up as the site rotates episodes.

This woman was married to a man who was abusive to her and she reported to police right away and split up and he went to anger management counseling.

She contacted authorities, even had orders.

She began to fear for her life, and they had 2 kids together.

This is graphic and can be triggering, it addresses Rape in marriage,

This is one tough gal, and I can relate to why she did things the way she did. People wonder why people dont just get out and get away, and there is the fear of being killed or no hope the police will hold them.

And then what she endured going to court against him, she even got one of the rapes on tape,,, and they tried comparing it to 50 Shades of Gray and her husband and attny said it was "Role Playing"

This woman got a bill in action to protect victims of violent crimes

He was sentenced to 5 yrs in jail. And she was to pay his legal fees and spousal support!

She got a law passed, its awesome!

But they said in one year he will be out of jail.

And my first comment is....

Wow, hes probably going to bother her next with visitation/custody for their 2 kids when hes out.

See here is a person who took legal steps for protection and action and look what she still went through? God Bless her

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3032600/#51972270

Sometimes it is best to move away and not let anyone know where you're going. I can't watch this because it would be way too triggering for me, but I know what she's going through in a way. Except in my case my ex was a government employee and the government let him get away with everything, including rape.

It's ridiculous that she has to pay her rapist money. It just shows that the legal system caters to the men.

It breaks my heart how women that have been treated harshly sexually by their mate and get seen at withholding and not valid. I had many talks with spiritual elders and they really would over look the whole issue with me and my EX. I had a few of these talks myself and I was dismissed. She had all the evidence and did all the right measures yet look at the difficulty. I was encouraged to cover over wrongs with love and it only put me in a more vulnerable place. It is a crime of lack of consent. You can never force your mate and should be part of sexual education. Respect towards a mate while they are vulnerable is essential to trust.

Noroses, the judge ordered her to pay him , but she got that turned around and the law changed!

Chavah, it takes a minute for the page to load with the story, so just open it and wait and see if it works.

I did look her up on other websites. Crystal Harris.

Here is another clip and story on her, but the first link tells the complete story.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sexual-assault-victim-ordered-pay-alimony-attacker-fights/story?id=16075409#.UaLSgofVCSo